Lord Of The Rings: FOTR has chestpounding bass!!!

hamzahsh
hamzahsh Posts: 439
edited February 2002 in Music & Movies
Hi, I live in Toronto and have recently watched Lord Of The Rings: Fellowship Of The Ring at Famous Players theater. Wow what a sound of this movie! DOLBY DIGITAL SURROUND EX really rocks here especially .1 LFE track really rocks! cant wait for the DVD.

The movie is presented in DOLBY DIGITAL SURROUND EX and the bass blew everyone in the theater. The .1 LFE track shock the whole theater and hit my chest even I sat at the top in the center of the last row of the upper level. My best spot to watch movies.

The story of the movie was great and special effects were breath-taking. I'm damn sure that this movie is going to win several oscars. What do you think?.......:D
Panasonic TH-50PX80U Plasma HDTV
Polk Audio RT800i (fronts)
Polk Audio CS400i (center)
Polk Audio F/X1000 (side surrounds)
Polk Audio RTi6 (back surrrounds)
Velodyne CHT-15 (subwoofer)
Yamaha RX-V1400 (Pre/Pro)
NAD C272 (2-ch Amp)
Adcom GFA-7605 (5-ch Amp)
Toshiba SD-3109 (DVD/CD player)
Malata DVP-580 (Multi-region DVD player)
Post edited by hamzahsh on

Comments

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited February 2002
    I voted for MR. It's the only one I've seen from your list. The others, I'll wait for the DVDs and report back.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited February 2002
    my favorite spot to sit is dead center in the theater or twards the back depends on the people i am with i am watching lord of the rings as i type it is good so far.
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited February 2002
    voted for LOTR. seen it twice in the theater already. thinking about going back in march. there is supposed to be a 4 minute trailer for 'the two towers', the second installment in the LOTR trilogy... the second theater i saw this in has a quality THX EX set-up. when the ringwraith's schreeched for the first time, i about jumped out of my seat! very impressive soundtrack. i too am aeagerly awaiting the 3-disc DVD to come out in november... :D
  • mjk91383
    mjk91383 Posts: 298
    edited February 2002
    LOTR: FOTR was awesome, but i voted for ABM.

joe :D
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited February 2002
    Haven't seen "AR" or "Beautiful mind" yet.
    And as much as I hate to see a film win because of special effects,
    anytime I can spend 3 hours in a theater and it feels like 30 minutes,
    they're doing something right.

-luc
  • juice21
    edited February 2002
    damn, just saw a beautiful mind today, and it was a damn good movie! still have to go with LOTR's for my personal pick, but i can see what all the hype on this movie is about. very well done, i can easily see this movie taking best actor, director, and probably even picture from the way all the talk is going...
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited February 2002
    I've only seen LOTR and while I plan on seeing it repeatedly and loved it, I didn't think it was Best Picture material. Great book and I think it should get plenty ov other Oscars. Especially screenplay adaptation.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • trubluluc
    edited February 2002
    Without saying too much, could you briefly tell me what "a beautiful mind" is about?

-luc
  • Eddie624
    Eddie624 Posts: 77
    edited February 2002
    Well if u have seen hannibal then it is the brain they partially ate then the spunoff the rest into its own movie. :):):)
  • juice21
    edited February 2002
    Originally posted by trubluluc
    Without saying too much, could you briefly tell me what "a beautiful mind" is about?

-luc

it's probably better that you don't know. i wasn't familiar with john nash's life going into seeing this(and that's basically what it is, his life story). my brother told me when he saw it, it's not what you are expecting, he was exactly right. i'll say the same to you. i do recommend it strongly, i just don't want to give anyhting away. enjoy it, if you go see it...
  • trubluluc
    edited February 2002
    Thanks Juice-

I'll give it a watch.
    (a timex)

-luc
  • johnnyamerika
    johnnyamerika Posts: 382
    edited February 2002
    I think the movie I enjoyed the most this year was Memento, but if I had to choose from the list I'd say MR. It was just so completely well done, great sound, visuals, and fantstic acting. A very well written musical!