Crysis 2 is out!

Options
ben62670
ben62670 Posts: 15,969
edited March 2011 in Video Games
Well it's the multiplayer demo. Over 1.5 gigs. It is on it's way now.
http://www.geforce.com/#/GamesandApps
Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
Thanks
Ben
Post edited by ben62670 on

Comments

• gfong
    gfong Posts: 1,079
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I got the email as well, I will play the single player mode once it gets released. I am not very good at the whole MMO scene.

Good luck and give us a review once you have a few hours into it.
  • ben62670
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I will. I am not into multi player games so much either, but I am dying to see the graphics, and see how my system handles it. I don't want to spend $60 on a game that won't run well on my machine.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • cokewithvanilla
    cokewithvanilla Posts: 1,777
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I was never a fan of crysis. I got it because it was supposed to have good graphics... I ran it on a 6 year old pc at 1080p, no problems.

Then, you play single player and realize that it was totally not setup to be a single player game. You drive around an island (or run) and all the sudden guys are spawned (i believe you usually get some lame radio transmission that says "yo watch out they be enemies comin'"). You have to kill every one of them (sometimes guys get stuck in odd places and you have to search for like 20 minutes and find him just to continue the game), then you can move on to more guys being spawned. It's just a bunch of mini skirmishes setup like counterstrike with bots. Insane. Absolutely no value for single player.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I couldn't disagree with you more.

You may have run it on a 6 year old pc at 1080p, but not with everything set to max, because no PC made 6 years ago could do that, unless you had a PC from the future...

It was set up to be a single player game, multiplayer wasn't fully added until later on.
  • ben62670
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I wish they made a game like the original FarCry that had the eye candy of Crysis. I did like the first one. It wasn't great, but glad I had it.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • cokewithvanilla
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I couldn't disagree with you more.

You may have run it on a 6 year old pc at 1080p, but not with everything set to max, because no PC made 6 years ago could do that, unless you had a PC from the future...

It was set up to be a single player game, multiplayer wasn't fully added until later on.

Well, I probably didn't max out anti aliasing, but it hardly mattered running it on a tv when I was sitting 9 feet away.

Anyhow, whether it was made for single player or not, its single player was terrible. Seriously, having to kill every guy to move on? I found myself walking around searching to kill that last dude for half the game. It was redundant. I guess it's just my opinion, but it was nothing near on par with the quality of half life 2 single player.
  • ben62670
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Installing now. I put 2 more gigs of ram in today, and a new 23" 1080 monitor. I hope the game screen is full width. On FEAR it isn't:frown:
    Thanks
    Ben
  • cokewithvanilla
    edited March 2011
    Options
    the full beta is out. 10 gigs.
  • ben62670
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Do you have a link. I only saw the bata for consoles?
    Thanks
    Ben
  • ben62670
    edited March 2011
    Options
    OK so I have had it installed for a while. It is multi player only so you need to log in to play. Well I enter my credentials and it say there is no connection to the internet. Obviously I have a connection.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • cokewithvanilla
    edited March 2011
    Options
    that's unfortunate.

I'm not gonna put any specific links, but I saw it first on usenet and it also seems to be on places like megaupload, bunches of torrent sites. There are even quite a few videos on youtube that show the game play. it's all over the place
  • ben62670
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeah I saw the bata on kickasstorrents, but I don't download software. I like an official demo and from there I decide if I want to buy the game.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • cokewithvanilla
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ah. Lately, companies aren't putting out demos like they used to. It's been a while since I've seen a demo come out. I remember when just about every game had a two or three (or even 10) 'level' demo. I think one of my first ever software purchases was the "500 games cd" back in 1992, that had 500 different demos. .. ha.
  • hockeyboy
    hockeyboy Posts: 1,428
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I played the beta on console. Liked it so much I pre-ordered for XBox. Never played the first one but dig the demo.
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus
    (Passive Subs)
    Marantz IS201 I-Pod Dock[/SIZE]
    Panamax M5300EX
    Carada Criterion 106" Brightwhite Screen
    Sunfire TGA 5200 & (4) B&W 605's in the party room
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Im a pretty big fan of the 1st one and play it often. Now that Ive got a beefy enough video card to play at Very High settings with AA cranked up, Im enjoying it even more. The graphics even nearly 4 years later are still breathtaking. I have found myself just wandering around looking at the scenery a lot! Killed off some Koreans near a river and walked up to the boat and was going to board but looked around and the sunset between the mountains with the wind blowing thru the trees and rays of light coming down thru the clouds and reflecting off the water was amazing! Im the least artistic guy in the world but I sat there for a good 3 minutes just taking it in.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • quadzilla
    quadzilla Posts: 1,543
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well, I probably didn't max out anti aliasing, but it hardly mattered running it on a tv when I was sitting 9 feet away.

Anyhow, whether it was made for single player or not, its single player was terrible. Seriously, having to kill every guy to move on? I found myself walking around searching to kill that last dude for half the game. It was redundant. I guess it's just my opinion, but it was nothing near on par with the quality of half life 2 single player.

Srsly?!? The single player was the greatest part of this game. Getting this sniper rifle and popping enemies from a few hundred meters out, putting the smack-down on Koreans and aliens... Best game I've every played for single player shooters.

And you didn't need to kill everyone to move on. I left enemies alive all over the place when I played stealthy. And that's what made it great... you could go all hulkamania on enemies, or play peekaboo with cloak and running from bush to bush along the edges, or just pick them off from a long way away. Every enemy in the entire map section spawned at the very beginning of the section. And you could take any path through the map you wanted as long as you crossed the trigger points. So if you thought enemies were spawning around you, you were seriously not paying attention.

HL2 by contrast was frequently just wave after wave of crap coming at you, and no alternate path to get around them, nor any way to avoid them. It was far more linear and predictable than Crysis. That's why Crysis is still installed years on my machine years after it's release, and why I played through HL2 once, and was tired of that game about a quarter of the way in.
    Turntable: Empire 208
    Arm: Rega 300
    Cart: Shelter 501 III
    Phono Pre: Aural Thrills
    Digital: Pioneer DV-79ai
    Pre: Conrad Johnson ET3 SE
    Amp: Conrad Johnson Evolution 2000
    Cables: Cardas Neutral Reference
    Speakers: SDA 2.3TL, heavily modified
  • cokewithvanilla
    edited March 2011
    Options
    quadzilla wrote: »
    Srsly?!? The single player was the greatest part of this game. Getting this sniper rifle and popping enemies from a few hundred meters out, putting the smack-down on Koreans and aliens... Best game I've every played for single player shooters.

And you didn't need to kill everyone to move on. I left enemies alive all over the place when I played stealthy. And that's what made it great... you could go all hulkamania on enemies, or play peekaboo with cloak and running from bush to bush along the edges, or just pick them off from a long way away. Every enemy in the entire map section spawned at the very beginning of the section. And you could take any path through the map you wanted as long as you crossed the trigger points. So if you thought enemies were spawning around you, you were seriously not paying attention.

HL2 by contrast was frequently just wave after wave of crap coming at you, and no alternate path to get around them, nor any way to avoid them. It was far more linear and predictable than Crysis. That's why Crysis is still installed years on my machine years after it's release, and why I played through HL2 once, and was tired of that game about a quarter of the way in.

Idk, I guess it's a matter of opinion. I distinctly remember not getting orders on the radio of what to do until the exact moment when you killed the last guy. I can't remember if that stopped at one point, but I found it to be really tiresome. The game really lacked plot, it was moving from one place to another shooting some guys and moving on. half life, on the other hand had a great story and never had you really doing the same thing twice (not until the 'episodes'). Half life and HL2 are widely considered some of the best, if not the best, first person shooters of all time. Crysis, to me, is just a run of the mill shoot em up game. Of course, that's just my opinion.