Pro-Ject RM-4 Turntable

Options
scottdawg
scottdawg Posts: 166
edited February 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
Hey all, I retrieved my record collection from storage. They are in great condition. Now no turntable source. I saw this Pro-ject unit at a local high end shop. The guy was very high on it. It costs $500. Has anyone had any expierience with this particular brand or model, or suggestions for turntables in that price range. Thanks.
Post edited by scottdawg on

Comments

• cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Congrats on the vinyl recovery.

Now about the turntable. I have not had any personal experience with Project tables but have always heard good things. I do however have a little experience with the tone arm on that model. The standard tone arm on that model is the poject 9. I have the same arm on my Music Hall MMF-7. I have been very happy with my setup thus far. It was one of the few setups that I could find that the tone arm was fully adjustable. If you take a look at other tables in this price range such as Rega you have to get add on in order to adjust VTA so that you can use other cartridges.

I think you would probably be quite happy with that table. What is the guy asking for it? If you think he's high you might check Audiogon.com if you haven't already.

As alternatives you might consider the Music Hall MMF-5 or the Rega P2.

Hope this is of some help.

Enjoy
    Dave
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • scottdawg
    scottdawg Posts: 166
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Thanks Dave, The suggested retail price is $495 as advertised on the web and in brochures, That does not include a cartridge or needle. He is asking $500 which includes everything, (ready to play) he said the cartridge will be high quality. I will check the other models you mentioned as well. Thanks