Activision closes Guitar hero

Options
Almadacr
Almadacr Posts: 185
edited February 2011 in Video Games
So Activision decided to close the guitar hero franchise , I really liked this game the same way i like Rock band , its a lot of fun when you have a couple guys at your place drinking beer and play some air guitar or a plastic instrument and rocking till late .

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/activision-%E2%80%9Cdisbands%E2%80%9D-guitar-hero-team
Post edited by Almadacr on

Comments

• decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Kid stuff,my opinion nothing more.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • Theheadsn
    Theheadsn Posts: 413
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I wish this would have happened a couple years ago. Im a huge rock band guy (not so much the past year though) and theres been a few songs on guitar hero that I love, but I cant STAND that game.

The thing keeping rock band alive is the DLC, and even activision is canceling the DLC for guitar hero.
    Home Theater Setup
    • Receiver - Onkyo TX-RZ1100
    • Mains - Polk RTi A9's
    • External Amps - Outlaw 2200 Monoblocks for L/R/C
    • Center - Polk CSiA6
    • Side Surrounds - Polk FXiA6's
    • Atmos - 4 Polk 80F/X RT's
    • Sub - SVS PC-4000
    • T.V. - LG OLED65C7P

• cokewithvanilla
    cokewithvanilla Posts: 1,777
    edited February 2011
    Options
  • chong138
    chong138 Posts: 11
    edited February 2011
    Options
    they were fun for a little bit, but definitely played out.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Theheadsn wrote: »
    I wish this would have happened a couple years ago. Im a huge rock band guy (not so much the past year though) and theres been a few songs on guitar hero that I love, but I cant STAND that game.

I love this one game, but I can't STAND this other game that is exactly like it!
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Other than they're both music games, it isn't exactly like it. I definitely prefer the Rock Band series over the Guitar Hero franchise. Guitar Hero is a lot more clunky.

Oh, and who was it that was predicting the demise of the music game (in conjunction with Polk's Hitmaster)? I recall saying he was gonna be wrong, but it looks like he nailed it. They definitely over saturated the market.
  • Theheadsn
    edited February 2011
    Options
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    I love this one game, but I can't STAND this other game that is exactly like it!

haha I meant it because harmonix puts effort into their games and the MAIN goal isnt raping the customers for money. The layout, the mechanics, and the user interface was always light years ahead in rock band. Kinda sad it took them so many tries after activision took over JUST to sorta get it right.
    Home Theater Setup
    • Mains - Polk RTi A9's
    • Center - Polk CSiA6
    • Sub - SVS PC-4000
    • T.V. - LG OLED65C7P

• kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Oh, and who was it that was predicting the demise of the music game (in conjunction with Polk's Hitmaster)? I recall saying he was gonna be wrong, but it looks like he nailed it. They definitely over saturated the market.

Hi there! :biggrin:
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • On3s&Z3r0s
    On3s&Z3r0s Posts: 1,013
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Once I saw a video of a woman playing Rock Band in the nude (she was rocking the drum kit). Ever since then I have been a huge fan of the game though I have not played it myself.
  • mudwrx
    mudwrx Posts: 367
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I got Rock Band 3 for Christmas and have to admit I've only played it once. Used to love playing, kind of lost it's appeal.

However if they make a Rock Band Pink Floyd I would be first in line...
  • Theheadsn
    edited February 2011
    Options
    mudwrx wrote: »
    I got Rock Band 3 for Christmas and have to admit I've only played it once. Used to love playing, kind of lost it's appeal.

However if they make a Rock Band Pink Floyd I would be first in line...

I feel the same way. LOVED it, paid more then i should have for the dlc, just lately havent been WANTING to play it. Probably because my drum set it busted haha but still
    Home Theater Setup
    • Mains - Polk RTi A9's
    • Center - Polk CSiA6
    • Sub - SVS PC-4000
    • T.V. - LG OLED65C7P

• kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Rock Band's still great to bust out during a party. Where Harmonix 1-upped Activision was in making it a platform early on instead of just a bunch of stand-alone games. This is especially true on the 360 where you have Rock Band Network's indie titles available. They can continue to make a little money off DLC, but don't need to keep churning out full $60 games every year. Plus, RB3's pro mode and real instruments pretty much peaked out what was possible in the genre, since it can actually teach real music instead of just button mashing.

So it should be no surprise to anyone that Guitar Hero is dead now. I'm still confused as to how DJ Hero got a sequel, considering how crappy the first one sold. You'd think Activision would've figured it out then.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen