Anthem D2 and MCA 50 amp...

blueboxer
blueboxer Posts: 621
edited February 2012 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Space and time constraints are restricting me from going with two HT setups so I am sticking with my NAD/Proceed combo that favors my Mythos speakers. The Anthem did highlight that the Mythos can be bright so I would recommend this setup with other speakers such as Paradigm, LSi, B&W, etc... that can handle the very detailed sound that the Anthem provides. I will say that movies were amazing with this setup and exceeds the NAD/Proceed setup. For those that favor HT over music, this could be an ideal setup for you. However, ironically most people have loved the D2 for its ability to act as an excellent stereo setup.

I will list this on the gon as well, I know most members tend not to want the high end items in this economy, but figured I would list them here a couple hundred dollars less than the gon listings. Both items are in excellent shape and will be rated as 8/10 just to be conservative. Both items come in original boxes, packaging, manuals, and power cords. This is the D2 and not the D2v, but it will do True HD via PCM, which as I said sounded even better than the NAD HD. Here are the pictures and pricing without further to do:

Anthem MCA 50 $1000 plus shipping, no paypal fees:

IMG_1622.jpg

IMG_1614.jpg

Anthem D2 $2600 shipped, no paypal fees:

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0868-1.jpg

The last D2's went for about $2800 with fees and MCA 5's are listed at about $900 and A5's went for about $1800. This amp is smack right inbetween for closer to the MCA 5 money. The amp is about 185 watts per channel in 8 ohms and over 300 in 4 ohms.
Post edited by blueboxer on

Comments

• sm88
    sm88 Posts: 353
    edited February 2011
    A shame you're selling that beauty! For a little history, that amp was previously mine and is in fantastic condition. I used it very, very briefly to test it after acquiring it from an audio reviewer who was the original owner and used it in professionally installed Anthem setup to review Monitor Audio's speakers. It's a wonderful amplifier, in my case I would sooner change the speakers than change those electronics, but with most speakers it should sound very nice.
    Current System:
    Paradigm Signature S2 v2
    Conrad Johnson MF2500
    Wyred4Sound DAC2
    Audioquest Black Mamba II

For Sale:
    3x Wilson Cub's
    Conrad Johnson MF2500
  • blueboxer
    edited February 2011
    I knew you would be heart-broken that I changed amps and not speakers. lol I do think that paired with warmer even more neutral speakers the results would had been fantastic. I considered that option or using it upstairs, but I am leaning towards just a two channel setup upstairs. The space required for the Martin Logan speakers I am eyeing make them unfeasible downstairs and would cut down the game room space for other things.
  • sm88
    sm88 Posts: 353
    edited February 2011
    I am heart broken! I think your electronics far outclass your speakers, that's all :) The Def. Tech's I've heard had a tendency to be bright and just weren't for me, though they look nice. I think you could make a big upgrade with around $1500, speaker wise; not to say buy my Usher's but they're one set of speakers in that range which I think would yield results!
    Current System:
    Paradigm Signature S2 v2
    Conrad Johnson MF2500
    Wyred4Sound DAC2
    Audioquest Black Mamba II

For Sale:
    3x Wilson Cub's
    Conrad Johnson MF2500
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited February 2011
    Man thats great prices ....I wish the new martin logans were not coming out in two weeks because I could have bought the anthem d2 instead with the 3k I have in my audio account

What you have right here is my dream setup ..... the anthem D2 is as good as it gets and a trophy wife for high end speakers
  • blueboxer
    edited February 2011
    The amp is already sold locally, the D2 is still up for grabs. Yeah, I do think great sound is all about synergy of equipment, and I am on a good path for what I have at the moment. I want to stick with towers with built in subs due to space constraints with the in-wall entertainment area that I have to work with. Upstairs will give me a little more room to play with, but I have another 3-6 months before that happens due to an extended house guest.

The new Polks or ML might eventually replace the Def Techs, so I will not be heart broken if the D2 does not sale for those speakers. The Proceed is definitely superior to the MCA 50, but it ought to be for an original price of $5K plus.
  • boogie57
    boogie57 Posts: 2
    edited February 2012
    hello,blueboxer...I am interested to buy your anthem D2. can you tell me how olds is the anthem D2. I live in the city of JOLIETTE...the province is QUEBEC...and the country is CANADA...please...tell me or send me a E-MAIL if you accept to sell it...tanks...
  • blueboxer
    edited February 2012
    This was sold about a year ago. There were a couple on the gon last week thou.
  • boogie57
    boogie57 Posts: 2
    edited February 2012
    hello,blueboxer...tanks for the anwers. the anthem D2 was very a good processor. it's difficult to find one used, the people who have one, stay wiht it, but, today, I find and I buy a used processor anthem AVM-50 2008 whit ARC include, is not the AVM-50V but it's OK, and I find a amp anthem PVA-5. I think it will be nice to listen these to forme a harmonious whole (temporary)...tanks and have a good day...