Monitor 7's Have arrived !

Options
Pauly
Pauly Posts: 4,519
edited February 2004 in Speakers
K just got them at work today and staring at them with nothing to hook up to doesnt help, but anyway i know this ? was just raised on antoher thread but didnt get answered the diff on the a, b or c but how do i tell? I am assuming with the serial number but where do i go to tell? I'll post pics tonight when i get home and test these puppies out!

Very Happy
Spaz
Life without music would
Post edited by Pauly on

Comments

• hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited February 2004
    Options
    It should say monitor 7,7b,or 7c on the back of the terminal cup.
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • Pauly
    edited February 2004
    Options
    So guess they are just 7's, sticker says 7 then serial number which is on the back cornor of the speaker Nothing on the terminal cup....
    Life without music would
  • Pauly
    edited February 2004
    Options
    OMG now i know what you guys are talking about. Only had them hooked up 5 min and they sound GREAT! Will demo more in a bit after i cook and clean them up the dust a little and post some pics.

SPAZ
    Life without music would
  • Pauly
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Pics...
    Life without music would
  • Pauly
    edited February 2004
    Options
    and...
    Life without music would
  • Pauly
    edited February 2004
    Options
    all in togehter now....
    Life without music would
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,042
    edited February 2004
    Options
    I see a Linksys Router, Logitech Camera, and either a Logitech or Microsoft Mouse......................and Im guessing a Sony or Dell Laptop?

Man I would LOVE to own a pair of them! Good find! look to be in great shape!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Pauly
    edited February 2004
    Options
    havent beenable to really jam them since little man is a bit fussy tonight and have been restricted to play at loud levels but the thing i really , really like about these is the mid-range. Very pleased and will give more when i can demo some cd's Will do little classic rock, classical ie mozart maybe some rap and some live dj sets (house/techno).

Spaz
    Life without music would
  • VR3
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Let me know how ya like em. I might get a me pair for the 2 channel rig. BTW -- was I right about all the gear I guessed on? lol
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Pauly
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Microsoft Optical mouse correct on wireless router and cam but its a Compaqnx9010.....oh yeah dont forget about the MILLER :D

Edit the laptop is HP case and Compaq guts
    Life without music would
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Nice spaz.

I can't wait to get mine.. hopefully early next week. I'd like to read your comments with classic rock.

get your listen on soon.

AL
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Pauly
    edited February 2004
    Options
    well from what i listen to last night just a local classic rock station those things have some punch. I never seen a mid bounce that much...getting ready to hook up a cd player to it this weekend rather than the computer headphone jack to rca. it doenst do any justice. Its all about the direct source. :) any thing in particular you want me to jam?
    Life without music would
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2004
    Options
    That's a clean pair, good nab! A FUN speaker to listen to, next to my SRS, my 7a's are my favorite.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Nice score Spastic, have fun!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • mgd99
    mgd99 Posts: 84
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Now you need a pair of 10's...............hmmmm...hmmmm...sweet.
  • Pauly
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Would love to own a pair someday. i hit my limit already for this year

H/K avr 20 care of warviper
    These 7's care of scottwagner
    Denon 3801 in transaction care of GeorgeGrand via his buddy
    Signal Bi-wire shipping the 16th
    SVS PB1-ISD Tan Granite used from a local seller (by end of month i hope) and yes i jumped on the band wagon :)
    and other non audio related items....Wife has given me the CHOP. Very exciting Feb for me i have to say :)
    Life without music would
  • VR3
    edited February 2004
    Options
    uuuuuh uuuuuuuh

There are only so many people in Tampa.

There are only so many people in Tampa with a Tan colored PB1 ISD SVS

The person i see is Faster................

Is this who you seek? lmao
  • Pauly
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Alright i have just determined that these are just a damned good speaker. The Silver Coil Tweet is right on the $ smooth and not too high (unlike some of you) The mid compliemnts the woof and the sub supurb. the woof goes pretty deep if you want it to and is real tight but not too boomy. i dont have all the fancy words that you might be looking for, but i have to say these are on my top of the list that i have heard, demoed, owned. Would love to hear them with a nice 100w 2 chnl juiceman suppling the nectar.

Spaz
    Life without music would
  • VR3
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Not a sub......Passive Radiator ;) I believe anyways.....

I want a pair........give them to me
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited February 2004
    Options
    What are you using to drive your new monitors?
  • Pauly
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Sid
    seller is undeclosed and GET YOUR OWN:p ;)

Shizelbs

at this time they are running on a H/K AVR20 , 65W i beleive. Thats why i said i would love to have them hooked up to a nice 2chnl amp cuz if they sound this good now....OMG..gotta go clean my whitey tighties..:D

Sticky Spaz ;)
    Life without music would
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Good deal. I soon will be getting a 75W/ch HK stereo receiver and have been entertaining the idea of getting monitor 5s or 7s. Glad to hear you are happy with them so far. I may be too soon someday.
  • Pauly
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Ordering new Cloth for these puppies today and get free 2nd day shipping for being a mbr. Sweet! I'll post before and after pics when done

Spaz
    Life without music would
  • scottdawg
    scottdawg Posts: 166
    edited February 2004
    Options
    I am the proud owner of a set of 7c's. They blow me away.
    I bought them for 39 bucks from a local goodwill store, had to replace a driver but other than that they are in great condition.
  • Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 914
    edited February 2004
    Options
    The Mon 7's are a GREAT Polk classic speakers...I have two set - one cherry set in factory boxes, and another beat pair that need some drivers and a little TLC. If you really like the 7's then you HAVE to try a set of Mon. 10's. The monitor 10 is a "fun" speaker and blows away the mon. 7's. I have three pairs of 10's - two pair very good shape and the other pair junk. The Polk Monitor 10b was my first set of Polks...then I move on to SDA's! Polks are an addiction to me. I'm logging off now to search ebay for some more Polks.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2004
    Options
    nice find scottdawg.

I just got an email from my ebay seller today.. my 7B's should arrive next Friday. (Feb 20th) it's going to be a long week till then. UGH!
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Pauly
    edited February 2004
    Options
    damn thats the worst part....Waiting! Let us know how they sound. Mine are sounding o so sweet right now. Cant wait till i re-cover them...ordered fri, so sould get tuesday and re-covered by the weeked.
    Life without music would