Which PS3 shooter should I be playing?

Options
punk-roc
punk-roc Posts: 1,150
edited February 2011 in Video Games
I haven't played any of the Call of Duty's before.. if I had to pick one to start playing which one should i choose?

I've played a lot of FPS's in my day, but haven't played much in the last 5-6 years

Jason
2-Channel - So far...
Pre: Dodd ELP
DAC: W4S-Dac2
Source(s): Computer and Denon 2910
Amp: Parasound HCA-1200II
Speakers: LSi9s - Vr3 Fortress Mod
Post edited by punk-roc on

Comments

• polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Resistance fall of man 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!! get it right now

Get MAG.... online only

Killzone 2!!!!!!! amazing

Get all the cod's but I would start with mwf2 for the main offline campaign...its the best of the bunch , just like a Hollywood blockbuster movie
  • Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,009
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'd start with MW2 before Black Ops. The campaign was much cooler IMHO.
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|KEF Reference 1 Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • punk-roc
    edited December 2010
    Options
    cool, thanks guys.. This will get me going =)
    2-Channel - So far...
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Borderlands?
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • punk-roc
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I played borderlands =) I enjoyed it, but got bored since it was a little too repetitive for me. Not enough changed as I progressed through the game.. it was fun though

Jason
    2-Channel - So far...
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Shoot me an invite if you get into Black Ops; I'm one of the few PS3 folks playing Black Ops here I think.

PSN name: GlassPheasant
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • punk-roc
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I will, once i get there. I think i'll get MWF2 a go first

Jason
    2-Channel - So far...
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hey J.,If you haven't had a chance to check out one of the Battlefield Bad Company games ,do so,they are a lot of fun. Another one of my favs is Rainbow Six New Vegas. Wish they would bring out a new Rainbow Six game,it's been too long,lol.
  • mudwrx
    mudwrx Posts: 367
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Dead Space was fun. Great sound too. Scary.
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited December 2010
    Options
    jflail2 wrote: »
    Shoot me an invite if you get into Black Ops; I'm one of the few PS3 folks playing Black Ops here I think.

I'm on quite a bit at night. The_Bat_Wing is the name.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • jflail2
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Sounds good Toxis; add me and I'll hopefully see you on there this evening, depending on the game.

I'm usually on after 8PM or so through the week.

• Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'm usually on after 9, most of the time after 10:30p cst
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • B&W802d
    B&W802d Posts: 72
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Call of Duty Black Ops makes for a really fun time if you are a run and gun type of person. They do have sniper rifles but they are basically useless most of the time. I prefer Battlefield Bad Company 2. Battlefield Bad Company 2 is whatever you want it to be. I am more of a sniper myself. BBC2 has alot of rifles to choose from once you start leveling up. I have 5 or 6 different sniper rifles now and I still use the M24 with a 12X scope with targeting. Nothing like shooting someone from almost across the whole map with a head shot. You do have to aim high to compensate for distance but it's pretty basic.
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited December 2010
    Options
    jflail2 wrote: »

Freak....your glasspheasant....LMAO. I was wondering what site I got the invite from you.

Also personally with shooters some great ones were mentioned, I would have to add the Rainbow Six Vegas series....and F.E.A.R. and F.E.A.R. 2. The slomo in FEAR is just so priceless, especially when you have the nailgun.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • concealer404
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I picked up Black Ops last night for PS3, so i'll have to add you guys when i crack it open.
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

• jflail2
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Haha, yup, that's me avalanche. I probably need to comment my forum name there like you have.

Bad Company 2 sounds appealing now. I like the run and gun aspect of BO, but I can't seem to get comfortable with staying put anywhere, regardless of what rifle I'm carrying or what map it is.

And those Rc cars.......come on now; frustrating as hell.

• concealer404
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'm not sure i like the single player of Black Ops, but the multiplayer is pretty cool.

I suck pretty majorly, though. Who should i be adding here?

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Get the trigger add ons for the PS3 controller. The stock controller sucks for shooters.
  • acchen
    acchen Posts: 11
    edited February 2011
    Options