Seems It's Not Meant 2B

DarqueKnight
DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
The first attempt was:

SDA 2B With High Reserve

Then,

SDA 2B With Lower Reserve, But Still High

I'm shocked that a well-broken-in set of SDA 2B's is having such a hard time finding a new home. Matt, Scott, Russ (and any other previous owners I don't know about), are you guys using mind tricks to adversely influence potential buyers?:mad:

Hmmmm....the seller goes by the name of "PPGuru". Maybe folks think the speakers have been P-Peed on.

If the "Buy It Now" price goes down to $200 bucks, I might get them for my girlfriend so I won't have to listen to [Brand Censored] speakers when I go to visit her.
Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited February 2002
    Censorship ain't cool.

Those speakers obviously have some bad mojo/karma/ghosts haunting them. They probably miss the California sunshine and are holding out for a hollywood celebrity buyer. Either that, or they want to return home to Baltimore - a return trip to the motherland. They feel misplaced as they have constantly been uprooted and have received no stable loving home. Maybe they need some therapy type music to pull out of this. I'm thinking a little Enigma-type-meditation music and they'll recover just fine. They are obviously upset & probably dispondant. Somebody suggested that Spot/Rover/Lassie pee'd on them. That would certainly be the death of any speaker.
  • wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited February 2002
    it is amazing if you saw the shape they are in you would think they just came of the assembley line. they are in that good of shape.

scott:cool:
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2002
    Yes, they are in very nice shape. Only thing I noticed was on the top rear of both speakers, the corners are ever so slightly 'rounded' off, no doubt from so much shipping.

This guy is really nice, and in every sense of the word, an audiophile. His house is full of rare and expensive gear. He even has an off-site storage unit, just for what won't fit in his house.

I passed (for now), simply because this is our first year in a house, and I wanted to make sure my tax scene was under control first....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • DarqueKnight
    edited February 2002
    Ron,

Maybe censorship is too strong a word. Let's just think of it as kind consideration for the delicate sensibilities of those who own and love [Brand Censored] speakers.
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited February 2002
  • DarqueKnight
    edited February 2002
    Ahhh, now that's a deal that's hard to refuse. :cool: