which should i go for? Polk or MTX

Options
momohobobobo
momohobobobo Posts: 13
edited January 2011 in Car Subwoofer Talk
so my dad knew that i was looking at getting subs so he decided to get them for me for Christmas. Thats all good, but he didnt bother to find out which ones i wanted. So he just went to frys and asked the guy which ones were good and called it a day. He got me 2 12" MTX terminators (150 watt at 4 ohms and 80db.). The ones that i wanted were 2 MM 1240's.

So now my question is, which ones truly are better. Im looking for SQ but i also want it to rattle my truck too. I just dont want it to be that nasty muddy booomy sound. I honestly am very skeptical about the MTX's. They seem like they would just be loud and obnoxious unlike the polks. I just need some feed back so i can try to exchange the subs for the polks if need be.
Thanks guys
Post edited by momohobobobo on

Comments

• kawizx9r
    kawizx9r Posts: 5,150
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I've got a single 12" Polk MM1240 and love it.

Imo, purely an SQ sub. Don't get me wrong it does play loud, but you'd be surprised at how accurate and detailed it is. Two MM1240's though should take care of your need for SPL.

Btw, have you thought of just getting a single 12" Polk SR? From time to time I think about whether I should've asked for an SR instead, but it wouldn't have fit in my trunk anyway.

-Freddy
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

heiney9 wrote: »
    Any clue how to use the internet? Found it in about 10 sec.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited January 2011
    Options
    reported
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Bype
    Bype Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    Options
    so my dad knew that i was looking at getting subs so he decided to get them for me for christmas. Thats all good, but he didnt bother to find out which ones i wanted. So he just went to frys and asked the guy which ones were good and called it a day. He got me 2 12" mtx terminators (150 watt at 4 ohms and 80db.). The ones that i wanted were 2 mm 1240's. So now my question is, which ones truly are better. Im looking for sq but i also want it to rattle my truck too. I just dont want it to be that nasty muddy booomy sound. I honestly am very skeptical about the mtx's. They seem like they would just be loud and obnoxious unlike the polks. I just need some feed back so i can try to exchange the subs for the polks if need be. Thanks guys
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    edited January 2011
    Options
    reported again
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.