If you won the lotto.....

Striker1817
Striker1817 Posts: 15
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
If you won the lotto, whats the first brand of speakers you would go to, to make your monster system and why?
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited February 2002
    Without going in detail, the B&W Nautilus 800 series speakers are crazy cool. I'd probably get the Signature 800. I guess if money was no object I might look at the original Nautilus. I'd also give the Martin Logan's a listen. They make amazing speakers as well. Missing from your list is Dynaudio, makers of the Evidence.

Aaron
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2002
    Very incomplete list, where's Polk? ( I do understand a complete list would be rediculously long....)

If I lottoed, I think I would be looking at B&W, Polk, Dynaudio, Magnepan, Thiel, Wilson, Pro AC, Vandersteen, JmLab, and Tannoy....

Of course, thats just off the top of my head, and we didn't say how much my lotto winnings were.....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited February 2002
    Polks?

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Striker1817
    edited February 2002
    Too bad they only have like 10 spaces in this poll thing. I really just took a hand full of speaker brands and stuck them in. I wish i could have made a more complete list...but then again that would be imposible.

P.S - I like the B & W Nautilus series my self

-Chris (16 year old speaker freak)
  • Striker1817
    edited February 2002
    Too bad they only have like 10 spaces in this poll thing. I really just took a hand full of speaker brands and stuck them in. I wish i could have made a more complete list...but then again that would be imposible.

P.S - I like the B & W Nautilus series my self

-Chris (16 year old speaker freak)
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited February 2002
    If it was some outragious amount like 50 million, then I would have Polk custom design and make a set of SDA's using the latest and greatest technology.

If it were several million, then I would keep my SRS 2.3's and upgrade everything else around it! Dual Sunfire Signature Subs would be in order! Then again, I would keep a close eye out for a set of 1.2's.

John
    No excuses!
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited February 2002
    Hey Lawerence, what would you do with a millions dollars?

I'll tell you what I'd do man...two chicks at the same time.

That's what you'd do with a millions dollars, two chicks at the same time?

Damn right, always wanted to do that and with a million dollars, I think I could hook that up cause chicks dig guys with money.

Well not all chicks.

Well the kind that would double up on guy like me would.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited February 2002
    not really sure exactly what i would get if i lotted...
    but i sure would have a custom theater built that is fo sure..
    smileleft.gifsunfire subs would be a start...i love em
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • fabian1
    fabian1 Posts: 218
    edited February 2002
    The best Polks money could buy, as the saying goes, IF it is not broken why fix it. Well Polks dont break in my instance so I wont tick another brand you have mentioned, PS IF I WON LOTTO I WOULD BE TALKING TO MATT POLK TO BUY INTO HIS COMPANY SO I COULD MAKE IT THE NO 1 SELLING SPEAKER BRAND IN AUSTRALIA, Regards Fabian:D :D
    The Wonder From Downunder
  • axeman
    axeman Posts: 170
    edited February 2002
    I would find ALL the 1.2, 2.3, and 3.1 TL's I could get my hands on.................................................I'm not biased...........................am I???
    Joe:D ;)
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited February 2002
    i voted for B&W from the list, if were a ridiculous amount of money, i think i would buy 1 pair of every polk speaker ever made too, just for insanity's sake...:D
  • raycomics
    raycomics Posts: 78
    edited February 2002
    Hey Guys, you just hit the big Jackpot! Stop thinking like "JOE SIXPACK" and think BIG! Can anyone say Wilson Watt Puppy.
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited February 2002
    the new lsi polks, but the wilson watt puppys are awesome, i know listen to them for 3 hrs. one day:cool:
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited February 2002
    **** with that kinda loot i would go to a speaker company and have them "make" me a set the hell with buying a pair.

scott:cool:
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited February 2002
    i would invest the money and live off the intrest
  • RuSsMaN
    edited February 2002
    I gotta go with Ron on this one...

I'd do two chics at the same time.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2002
    But would they do you?:D
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited February 2002
    it would take a million dollars to have two chick double up on a dude like russ...:D
  • RuSsMaN
    edited February 2002
    damn straight.

R
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited February 2002
    HT:
    Altec Lansing Voice of the Theater (A7x8). I would have subs in horn enclosures custom installed. I'd probably drive them with Carver monoblocks coming from a Conrad Johnson preamp with a Lexicon 7.1 capable decoder and matrix the center rear. I'd probably get use a couple of Sony 200 DVD changers to use for transport.

HS:
    5 JMLab Grande Utopias driven by McIntosh 1000 watt monos. CDR/DVDA player. Krell CD (seperate CD&transport), Tascam cassette, HP hard-disc recorder, dual Pioneer RT-707 RTRs (it'd be pretty), STAX headphones and everything else I can buy. I'd (try to) tie this all into a studio grade mixer for preamping.

How much do you thin 10AWG solid solver with braidable ends would be?

Actually I'd buy a BOATLOAD of source material.

Try beer and charming personality. It's worked twice so far.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • raycomics
    raycomics Posts: 78
    edited February 2002
    Damn Gidrah -

I hope that you win the Lotto, man. I would buy a ticket to see and hear a DVD with THAT Setup!
  • billlb
    billlb Posts: 59
    edited February 2002
    O.K. My dream system--- A WALL of sda srs's re-wired, each to a krell mono amp, a pair of sda srs's for my center chanel also to krell mono amps, with a special curtain made for sound [electronically open or close} and two pair of sda srs's built in walls 2 for sides and 2 for back wall also to krell mono amps with a lexicon top of the line processor, three hgs 15 velodyne subs {1-cntr.1-frnt. 1-rear} stewert's best 120" screen with vidikron top of line hdtv projector, and last a meridian top of line dvd player. WOW! I'm in POLK heaven.......Bill
  • wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited February 2002
    i would get plastic surgery and look like micah!

scott:confused:
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited February 2002
    i live in vegas and its hard to win anything you better work harder
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub