woo-hoo!!!

juice21
juice21 Posts: 1,866
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
just sent money for a HSU research VTF-2 subwoofer!!! i know this isn't POLK related, but i am excited to finally get a quality subwoofer....:D
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• mjk91383
    mjk91383 Posts: 298
    edited February 2002
    congrats, juice!

joe :D
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited February 2002
    I'm sure you will, but be sure to post back with your opinion on it. I'm interested to see if it lives up to the reviews. If it does, then it's quite a bargain!

Jason
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    edited February 2002
    So what'cha sayin' Juice? Are you insinuating that Polk don't make a "quality" subwoofer?

By the way, I recently bought an SVS CS Ultra sub. It is a perfect match for my SDA's.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited February 2002
    Congrats Juice! Let us know how it is.
    Chris :)
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited February 2002
    i will be sure to post my fidnings on this sub once i recieve it!

raife1, why did you go with the SVS rather than a polk??? i'm not upgrading from a polk sub, i have a POS kenwood sub right now...
    for the money, i just think polk can be beat in the subwoofer category, not that polk's subs aren't quality...
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    edited February 2002
    Juice,

The SVS puts out more clean bass than the PSW650. I hear more naturalness and low frequency definition. I found the 650 to be somewhat "boomy" at the volumes I like.

The SVS CS Ultra is a passive design and allows me to use any amp I choose, rather than being stuck with Polk's "potluck" sub amp. Plus, it is a much better tonal match for my SDA's. It is never boomy, and the CS Ultra disappears into the mix whereas I was always aware of the the 650's "presence". In fairness, you have to be aware that the SVS/Amp combination costs nearly 2.5 times as much as the 650 with its integrated amp. I did not try the 650 with my RT 55i's. I suspect it is a much better match for them. I am currently using the 650 in my bedroom system.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited February 2002
    I've got a PSW650 mated to my 3.1TL's. Its not a bad match. For the money, the PSW650 ain't bad. It does add a lot of bass to the soundstage - deepening it considerably. Its really kinda neat to watch both woofers move in and out punching the bass tones. I must admit though, the PSW650 ain't the best sub in the world. Like most polk's though, its probably the best for the coinage.