old sony amp and mmc2104

kastonie
kastonie Posts: 5
edited January 2011 in Car Subwoofer Talk
after spending all my christmas money on front and rear speakers, a head unit, 4 channel amp and sub...im basically broke with no chance on getting any extra money in the future. i was given a sony XM-2351 2 channel amp. i was wondering if anyone knew anything about this amp. I am thinking about bridging it and hooking it up to my mm2104. would this amp provide enough wattage, or will it not be enough and end up damaging the sub?
Post edited by kastonie on

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited January 2004
    here's a suggestion... instead of being the most inept creature on the face of the planet next to the guy who said he had "no ohms" - please try searching google or any other halfway decent search engine before u schlep a stupid question on the table... the question itself isn't stupid, its perfectly fine, but the fact that you can't move you're little fingers to type in a search engine box "specifications sony xm....." and click "ok" boggles the mind.

and as far as your amp...

rms power at 4 ohms is 35 watts x 2 / at 2 ohms it does 45 x 2 -- or 90 x 1 bridged at 4 ohms.

so you'd only get 90 watts to that sub... which is a complete waste of wire (equivelant to waste of sperm).

just wait - save your pennies and buy an amp in the summer that's like 300 x 1 or 400 x 1...

if you want one that's a smidge over 200 x 1 at 4 ohms for a deal u can have it -- heatsink case is ugly as sin and repainted, but it is electronically as new. i made sure of that... $75 + shipping.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited January 2004
    man i have big fingers, and also i couldnt find any info on the amp online. i guess i am not as smart as you...
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • kastonie
    edited February 2004
    i want to apologize for this post, if it has offended anyone, i am truly sorry. i did not know the magnatitude of having an amp that is weak, compared to the rating of the sub. i will go out and buy a bigger amp right now
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited February 2004
    hey PBD, the best part of that other post you mentioned was the fact that the dude said... "I ain't got no ohms"
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited February 2004
    i like people that talk with a voice like Old Dirty Bastid and say stuff like "aY gotZ tha gudz cuz i ain-k-t-z gotz nuh uh-um-z."
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • kastonie
    edited December 2010
    Hey Y'all

Go drink your coffee
  • kawizx9r
    kawizx9r Posts: 5,150
    edited January 2011
    Reported.
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

heiney9 wrote: »
    Any clue how to use the internet? Found it in about 10 sec.
  • punk-roc
    punk-roc Posts: 1,150
    edited January 2011
    the best part of the OP coming back 6 years later to comment... awesome =)
    2-Channel - So far...
    Pre: Dodd ELP
    DAC: W4S-Dac2
    Source(s): Computer and Denon 2910
    Amp: Parasound HCA-1200II
    Speakers: LSi9s - Vr3 Fortress Mod