Freakin' huge SDA grin-factor

I-SIG
I-SIG Posts: 2,238
edited January 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
For all you SDA freaks out there, I just picked up No Doubt's "Singles" CD that was recently released.

All I can say is, "WOW!!!!"

Tracks 2,3, & 6 are the cat's meow! If you love Gwen's pure voice then check out track 2 "It's My Life."

Track 3 "Hey Baby Hey" has some serious SDA effects that'll make ya slap ya momma! The bass is pretty deep and cleanin this track as well. My 1C's pushed with Carver 1.0t doesn't seem to quite have the nuts for that last octave. I have TFM-42 on the way that sould hopefully cure a lot of that. :cool:

Track 6 "Hella Good" is a great system workout/show-off track. Gwen's voice should stay pure over a very snappy snare and some funky bass effects that bleed well into the midrange.

Some of the other tracks have some SDA efects going, but the oveall recording quality isn't quite as good as 2,3, & 6.

If you want to show off the phenomenal SDA system you have, then I can't recommend this CD enough! 10/10; *****

Wes
Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
Post edited by I-SIG on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2004
    Awesome, I'll pick it up tomorrow.

I have all those tracks on mp3, but I'll sport for the 'original' for performance sake.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited January 2004
    Wes

You missing that Bilbo's BBQ yet?

How's Arizon?
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • I-SIG
    edited January 2004
    Originally posted by hoosier21
    Wes

You missing that Bilbo's BBQ yet?

How's Arizon?

Yeah, I really miss Bilbo's, Wallace's, and Hudson's. At least here in AZ they realize that true BBQ can only come from a pig, unlike those TX morons! ;)

The weather out here is great. Mid sixties today although they are saying it might actually snow down here in Tucson, and I mean all the way to the city, not just in the mountains.

The new house still treating you well? Are you getting the e-mail's on Mike's SDA Yahoo list?

I'm gonna try to find another 4.0-based Carver amp and build the special SDA interconnect to get me 1kW/ch!

Wes

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited January 2004
    I'll give it a try.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited January 2004
    I've got my John Lee Hooker playing. :D

IMO, there's not much that doesn't sound better played though SDA's!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• I-SIG
    edited January 2004
    Originally posted by F1nut
    I've got my John Lee Hooker playing. :D

IMO, there's not much that doesn't sound better played though SDA's!

Damn skippy!

I'm gonna post a sub question here in a minute...

Wes

• organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited January 2004
    Don't know which album those tracks are taken from but I do remember 'Tragic Kingodom' having very good sound. I bought that CD many, many years ago. I'll have to dig it up from my collection and give it a spin. I haven't listened to ND for at least 6 years.

Maurice