crossovers

Options
grey hair
grey hair Posts: 1
Hi Guys. I'm a virgin on here. (UK based) Badly need some novice advice please. I just made up a kit of a pair of bookshelf speakers: MOREL bot/mid MW142 & tweet MDT39. The kit included bits to make up the crossovers which were lost in a fire. Contacted Morel for detail or replacement : Zero help. Can anybody sell me a made up kit or a drawing etc. for these speakers Also is it possible to use some form of a 'variable' crosover for these ?. Absolute 'no-nothing' novice and getting old but would like to solve the problem. New hobby in retirement. Any help would be much appreciated. Hope I've got this in the right place
Post edited by grey hair on

Comments

• gatemplin
    gatemplin Posts: 1,595
    edited January 2004
    Options
    Welcome to CP,
    You can make a simple crossover until you learn more about your drivers. You can put a capacitor in series with the tweeter and the tweeter in parallel with the mid. Probably something like 3 micro Farads to be safe. Since this is your hobby I suggest getting the Loudspeaker Design Cookbook by Vance Dickason and other speaker design books. You will find the info here to finish these speakers on your own. If you want more help specific to those drivers try www.diyaudio.com . There may be someone there who is familiar with those drivers or kits.
    Good luck on this project.
    Graham
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited January 2004
    Options
    gh,
    Welcome...

There's a chance that someone here will know your speaker, but it's even more likely here:
    www.audiokarma.org
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD