The office rig...

shack
shack Posts: 11,154
edited January 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
Since I work in a steel, brick and glass bldg., FM reception is almost impossible and our IT nerds have royally screwed up the network so I have to lay off net radio to save bandwidth. The soundcard on my office computer sucks and the aforementioned nerds will not let me install a decent one. It was getting bad without any tunes at work. You don't want to be anywhere near the doors at 5:00 PM or you get mowed down by the secretaries and AAs. I'm usually there till 6:30 or 7:00 and it gets pretty quiet. The acoustics are not really very good with several pics on 2 walls and floor to ceiling glass on the other 2 walls and it is about 15" x 15". I started looking around my basement and ended up with a pretty decent sounding system. I'm using a Sony Pro-Logic receiver with 100 wpc in stereo, a Sony single disc CDP, a pair of Mini Advent II speakers hooked up with Monster cables. As can be imagined bass response is a little weak but I can crank it up and hear it from one end to the other of a 10,000 sf. office. These little Advents put out some nice sound at decent levels. I don't have to worry about disturbing other offices because we're the only office on our floor and with concrete floors there is no sound traveling between them. I now look forward to 5:00 so everyone else can leave and I can pump up the volume.

Oh..and everyone that sees it thinks it is some "fancy" stereo but it is just odds and ends that are seeing duty again. I guess they are all used to boomboxes and mini-systems.

Here is a picture...the credenza sure looks better with the gear on it than it did stacked with files!
"Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
1.jpg 72.4K
Post edited by shack on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited January 2004
    Looking good, Shack.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    edited January 2004
    Nice lookin rig, Never seen/heard them advents....

I, however would love to know how you were placed in a 15" x 15" office???

Some reason, I dont think a computer monitor could get in there, much less a stereo. ;);)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • shack
    edited January 2004
    Originally posted by Vr3MxStyler2k3
    I, however would love to know how you were placed in a 15" x 15" office???

Some reason, I dont think a computer monitor could get in there, much less a stereo. ;);)

It may be small...but it is a CORNER office! And besides...I've been on the Atkins Diet.

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited January 2004
    Looking good Shack. Did you place small rubber feet underneath those speakers? I noticed that it makes quite a difference.

Maurice
  • shack
    edited January 2004
    Originally posted by organ
    Did you place small rubber feet underneath those speakers? I noticed that it makes quite a difference.

No. I might give that a try.

• HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited January 2004
    I have read reviews regarding the Tivoli FM receivers and they are considered kick ****. I wonder if it would provide enough reception in your building?

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • VR3
    edited January 2004
    Shack......

15" -- Is 15 inches ;)

15'x15'
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • shack
    edited January 2004
    Yes Sid........I know........I caught that from your first post....
    It may be small...but it is a CORNER office! And besides...I've been on the Atkins Diet.
    Maybe I should have used the :rolleyes: smilie...

• VR3
    edited January 2004
    Dang.....

I should go back to sleeping in class.....I feel so wired when i come home from the lack of naps........forgive me lmao