Texas Gathering Sneek Peak - Speaker Lineup

RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited January 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
Sneak peak at ONE of the 2ch rooms for the gathering. I still have to get all the amps, sources, etc moved into place. There are also a couple more pairs of speakers to haul in also, and still others that fellow members are bringing.

From left to right, RTA15tl, Monitor 7a, RT7 (behind), SDA CRS+. By the window, AR310ho, KLH Model 17.

I hope you guys are ready, I sure am.

Cheers,
Russ
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited January 2004
    Man oh man I wish I could be there!
    Make it Funky! :)
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,966
    edited January 2004
    HFMOG! THATS LIKE HEAVEN! LMAO! AWESOME!!!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited January 2004
    I can't wait to wake up in that fireplace....oh yea, the speakers look real cool also :D

I am really excited Russ, and hopefully I will be able to tuck it between my legs when I arrive.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited January 2004
    Looks great. You guys are going to have a blast. How many listening rooms are you going to have for the gathering?

Maurice
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited January 2004
    i may be interested in the 15's. we should keep an eye out for Cliff.;)

Twin
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2004
    Two, 2ch rooms - the main area you see there, and the 'cave'. There will also be the HT room and it will double as the swap meet room also.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited January 2004
    Hey guys, that room looks awesome!

Everyone here at Polk is hoping for a big turnout at Russ's place this weekend. We've certainly stoked the fire, with giveaways and free logo stuff (Russ is, at this moment, rolling in it!). Plus, Stu Lumsden, the VP of Engineering, will be stopping by to chat and join you in listening to some of these older models.

I've heard a rumor that there have been some "cancellations." Those folks ought to re-up, or someone should take their place pronto!

It's going to be a great weekend.

Micah
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2004
    Get motivated Polkies....this is going to be a fantastic time! :D
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited January 2004
    Sweeet. Can't wait to see more pics after the gathering:).

Maurice
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited January 2004
    Originally posted by Micah

Plus, Stu Lumsden, the VP of Engineering, will be stopping by to chat and join you in listening to some of these older models.

Micah, has Polk ever considered reviving a few of the best Vintage speakers? Kinda like the re-introduction of the Voltwagon...

Just curious

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • VR3
    edited January 2004
    sheat, i was even in the wrong forum.....anyways

Ill take a LS90 remake, or a CS1000p, RT55i, CRS+, 1.2TL, 2.3, etc
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited January 2004
    I just got a message from Russ... What, six people, down from 15?! What is wrong with you guys?

Plus, here's the rub. Six people = no drawing for the free RTi6's. Fifteen people, now there's a legit drawing. So, you all lose out by canceling on Russ, who's been setting this thing up full time.

Lame. You still have time to come down to Russ's. You should reconsider.

micah
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • VR3
    edited January 2004
    Micah, SEND IT TO ME!!!!!!!! ME!!!!!!! ME!!!!!!!!! ME!!!!!!!!! ME!!!!!!!!
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2004
    Frank Dai from Signal Cable, also went out of his way to get us some goodies for the demo.

There will be a drawing for a SC product regardless, as well as the Sprint PCS stuff....but the RTi6's should be a tremendous motivator for someone to make a drive out to the Gates' hacienda.

Micah, thanks for your tremendous support of Russ' gathering. Those of us that will be in attendance, really appreciate what Polk does in support of all the major events.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited January 2004
    I wish I could come out and play with you guys! I am stuck on this freakin project and will be working 7- 10's till like April...

On the up side, it means more goodies for Daddy...:D

Come on fellas, It sounds like a blast!

Have a good time guys....
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited January 2004
    Are you sure you don't want me to bring all my amps??? All we'd need would be about a half-dozen Y-splitters...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2004
    Bruce,

You can bring whatever you want to, I've got the BIG Carver in the cave, and I doubt I'll be switching anything out THERE.

I've got 2 Rotel 960's setup for bridging / biamping, and an SAE Mark 31b for that 'vintage sound'.

Feel free to bring a pair of Carvers, they can sit right on top of the Rotels. It's up to brotha.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2004
    How about some Sunfire??

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Tour2ma
    edited January 2004
    You bet... the "B" unit will be making the trek.

Not the prettiest you've ever seen, but fully functional to the tune of 5 x 400 wpc (8 ohm)... I'll let Russ plug it in just to see how far he jumps when it arcs at the wall socket... :eek:

Also a couple Carvers... a Hafler (polka's old one) and a B&K. All 2 ch. Unfortunately I have not spun up the Dynaco's so no tubes this time...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2004
    I wouldn't worry about the HT gear, I haven't pulled mine out of the cabinet, not sure if I will....

Cheers,
    Russ
  • Tour2ma
    edited January 2004
    OK... I'll plug it in... :D
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli