Xbox 360 question and advice?

Options
jonahnmei
jonahnmei Posts: 1
edited December 2010 in Video Games
I'm after a bit of advice. It's my eldest's 10th birthday in January and we'd like to get him an Xbox 360 for his main present.

He's not going to be gaming online, so that side of it isn't going to be that important.

Can anyone recommend what would be a good package to get for him? In particular what is the advantages of the 250Gb package over the 4Gb one?

I'm not after a real hardcore gaming console, so if I can reduce the cost by going for a 4Gb machine over a larger one then I'll do that. Equally though, if it's going to massively impact on his gaming experience, then I'd rather spend the extra to get him something he'll really be able to enjoy.

Any thoughts and further advice would be greatly appreciated.

ps jailbreak
ps3 wireless controller
r4 ds
wii games hdd
500x_crashcourse.jpg
Post edited by jonahnmei on

Comments

• acs_rpeters@msn
    acs_rpeters@msn Posts: 32
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I would go for the larger. the only difference is how much you can store on it. there are alot of downloadable games and demos you can download. Also if there is ever plans of storing music to it. I have about 8 gb on mine with just profiles and downloaded games. Also one Kinects ready if you plan on getting that ever, this will eliminate one more thing to plug in :D At 10 yrs old im sure they will love the kinect.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2010
    Options
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited December 2010
    Options
    don't click the sales links. let's not reward "these" type of folk. besides, anyone in the know can get the amazebreak from DX for under 8 bones.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.