Just thinkin....want to know what you think.

Striker1817
Striker1817 Posts: 15
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
Hey eveyone. Like always I was listening to my Klipsch KG 4.5s which are simply amazing....and no I don't care if you think they are crap because they sound great when i listen to them. Then I listened to my fathers Paradigm Titans hooked up to a $500 Infinity sub. Both systems sounded great though i heard the absence of lots of sound with the paradigms even though they had that room rattling sub. Is it that klipsch makes one hell of a speaker or that you just can't beat the full sound of a big floor speaker? Please tell me what you think. Thanx

-Chris
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2002
    I'm not a fan of the Titans at all, I thought they sounded veiled, and lacked any real energy.

What kind of amplification are you using on the KG's?

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Striker1817
    edited February 2002
    I got a kenwood SR505...i think thats the number...sorry but i'm sorta in school so i really can't check lol.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited February 2002
    I would say that the KG 4.5's would be more than a bit more musical than the Titans, if given the choice between the two, I would take the Klipsch.

This is a 2-way design, using a 10" woofer and horn. Anyway, a good, somewhat older Klipsch design....if you like them now, try them on tubes someday and see how revealing they really are.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Striker1817
    edited February 2002
    Ummm....well i read a lot about how companys say that there bookshelf speakers are small but sound just like a floor standing speaker. I really don't see how that is possib;e because the sound is very different. I don't doubt that they sound good in general but i don't think any bookshelf can beat out a floor. I know i should really be spitting out modle numbers and such but its a general thing ya know. Is it just so companys can sell more speakers or is it because they really can sound better than a floor.
    -Chris(16 year old speaker freak)
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited February 2002
    Rotten little punk.:p

I too would pick the Klipsch over the Paradigms. Just personal preference.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2002
    I think the Reference series is pretty nice....I also like thier subs.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • RuSsMaN
    edited February 2002
    Great musical subs from the PDR line and up, the Studio series are serious speakers. I have really enjoyed my sessions with them.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited February 2002
    i thank that 2 way book self speakers or satelites sound better wend put with powered sub or subs than towers, because all the power from the receiver is going to the 2 ways meds & highs instead of runing the lows so this will give you a deeper & wider sound stage a cleaner sound the subs will give you a better bottem end. thanks joe; ps i like the polk rt-35i two ways they will be better.
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • Striker1817
    edited February 2002
    So joe, you say that you find a pair of satelites or bookshelf with a powered sub would sound better than a nice pair of floor standing speakers? I guess to tell you all the truth there is no real answer. Everyone has there own personal opion about what good sound is. Its not really numbers as much as how you hear it and how you prefer it. Some like lots of bass, some like classical with no bass. Its all about opinion and how you hear things. Think about that, how can annyone have an opinion about something if everyone has a different taste.
    -Chris(16 year old speaker freak)
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2002
    ....with all the money in the world there is no need for option.

Russ, wouldn't you say that about sums it up?

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • RuSsMaN
    edited February 2002
    We listen, we wait, but we may not believe you.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited February 2002
    I think I'm getting dumber....

Aaron
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited February 2002
    chris it depends on how much you want to pay for the speakers. there are high price speakers that sound dam good, you would not need a speakers, like the wilson watt puppies i thank there over $20,000 a pair, and the top of the line martin logan, i like, the lesser martin logans i dont like. all the good sounding speakers cost way to much, so thats why i go for polk , and you can get to the same sound quatity as the high end speakers with 2 polk rt-35i and 2 psw-650 subs if set up right, the psw- 650 are a good sub for music, you can always trun down the subs for classical or soft music thanks chris for your post reply, joe
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.