How should I do this???

Options
amulford
amulford Posts: 5,020
edited January 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
OK. I have a receiver set up in one room. This receiver has a 2nd zone feature on which I have set up some SDA 2B's that I use for 2 channel. The only problem is by usung the 2nd zone for those speakers, it ties up my speaker level outputs for 7.1.

I want to expand the HT set up to 7.1. Now I already plan to drive the 2B's with a seperate amp using the pre outs on the receiver. That's not the problem.

The 2nd zone has no tonal adjustment. I have an old equalizer, but I don't know if the SDA's are very receptive to them. I don't really want to set up another pre amp.

Any Ideas????:confused:
Post edited by amulford on

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited January 2004
    Options
    If you really feel the some tone control is needed, there is no reason you can't put an EQ between your Zone 2 pre-outs and a 2 ch amp.

It's possible to even find some EQ's that are remote controlled.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited January 2004
    Options
    Tour,

Thank you.

Do you think the speakers would have a problem with this?

anthony
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited January 2004
    Options
    No problem with any kind of reasonable EQ application. That said, EQ can be overdone leading to clipping and other ills...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD