Anything with XX chromosomes should be shocked when it approaches electronics...

blueboxer
blueboxer Posts: 621
edited December 2010 in The Clubhouse
I was so happy after I got my Harmony remote and had all the equipment and macros programmed. It was remote heaven until my girl left it right next to my sleeping AmStaff. Needless to say, the pup thought someone left her a new chew bone and went to town on it. :frown:
Post edited by blueboxer on

Comments

• Rev. Hayes
    Rev. Hayes Posts: 475
    edited December 2010
    Dude..............WTF?

Sorry about your remote but that's a mighty ruff thread title
    Sounds good to me...
  • kawizx9r
    kawizx9r Posts: 5,150
    edited December 2010
    RIP Logitech Remote.
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

heiney9 wrote: »
    Any clue how to use the internet? Found it in about 10 sec.
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited December 2010
    I hope it wasn't the 900 or 1100.
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    edited December 2010
    Sounds like the mutt could use a little home training.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    edited December 2010
    My dogs would ignore it lol. They're more interested in food and going outside to play, or licking your feet.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • blueboxer
    edited December 2010
    Harmony 700, but I got it on Black Friday for $50!!! I was so excited about the deal. lol

I think that is the second remote lost to my girls, at least my female german shep knows better. I would have tasered them, but I have to account for all my cartridges.
  • newrival
    newrival Posts: 2,017
    edited December 2010
    I'm sorry but the title was a little funny. i chuckled.

My wife crushed the screen on our first harmony one remote with her heel. Luckily you can buy new boards for them. I keep the phone number to the supplier on the corkboard next to the phone.
    design is where science and art break even.
  • blueboxer
    edited December 2010
    I figured the title would get a laugh from most of the good natured people on the boards, those easily offended by it should probably not venture out into the online community. Unfortunately, my little monster cracked the tip where the port is, so I cannot update it anymore.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited December 2010
    Any chance on blaming UPS for the damage?

I love my Harmony, and I feel for your loss.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited December 2010
    I would have tasered them, but I have to account for all my cartridges.

I laughed out loud at that line. That's sig line material. :tongue:
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,708
    edited December 2010
    Any chance on blaming UPS for the damage?

Sounds like something you would try.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited December 2010
    ^^^ummmm... no. It was a joke.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • blueboxer
    edited December 2010
    In my opinion no cost is worth my integrity nor should anyone else incur the expense of my error. Hopefully, there will be another great sale before the season is over. I really did enjoy the short time I had with that little bugger.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited December 2010

• Big Dawg
    Big Dawg Posts: 2,005
    edited December 2010
    decal wrote: »
    Sounds like the mutt could use a little home training.

And the pup could use some, too....
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    edited December 2010
    Big Dawg wrote: »
    And the pup could use some, too....

:biggrin:
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • ryanjoachim
    ryanjoachim Posts: 2,046
    edited December 2010
    WilliamM2 wrote: »
    Sounds like something you would try.

I do it all the time. They way I figure it, it's not really lying since you can guarantee that UPS DID fubar someone's package up somewhere. I'm just doing a service for those people who don't have the time or energy to yell at UPS.

Consider it a public service!
    MrNightly wrote: »
    "Dr Dunn admitted that his research could also be interpreted as evidence that women are shallower than men. He said: "Let's face it - there's evidence to support it."
    mystik610 wrote: »
    Best Buy is for people who don't know any better. Magnolia is for people who don't know any better and have more money to spend.
    My System:

TV: SAMSUNG UN55B7000 55" 1080p LED HDTV
    HTPC: Chromecast w/ Plex Media Server. Media streamed from Media Server.