Aaron......TV

SPEAKER7
SPEAKER7 Posts: 355
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
Aaron,

I have posted several time in the last two weeks on tv's......and I have received many good responses from eveyone on this board from the US to Australia, Can.....I have finally come to a conclusion.....

here are the models that I have demo......

sony wega 36"450xbr
Panasonic 36"hx41
toshiba36hfx71

I have finally decided on the toshiba.......because the price was the lowest, the quality was also pretty good, made in the US and not in Mexico.....and from switching from a 27" to a 36" does make quite a difference in viewing area, comes with a 2yr manufacturers warranty......nice blue glow remote.....etc....

however, all the other brands where also very good but they are more expensive, even the matching stand was cheaper.....

what you should do is to go to a store have them demo the set s with HDtv feed and basic analogue feed inorder to get a better comparison and never pay the original price....must negotiate/bargain....

however, I will place my order this coming saturday for the set....but the big issue /problem at the moment is the tv can not fit down my basement with the box ......(the door opening is too small with the box)they donot really want to deliver it without the box.......they say they usually slide/roll the tv's down flight of stairs.........they're saying the 214lbs is too heavy to lift down without the box........DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS!!!!

I really want the tv but I donot want to kill may back and damage the set......

dc.
:)
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited February 2002
    DC-If it is like the Sony, it shouldn't be tilted when moved or delivered.
    Just my 2¢.
    Chris :)
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited February 2002
    I personally do not see any problems tilting a TV when moving it.

When my Mits was delivered, the guys took it out of the box on the drive way, put it on a roller, got it into the living room. Then, they had to put it on its side, slide it down the hall and into the Green Room. It did not harm the set at all. IF their careful, it will be fine.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • CHRIS
    edited February 2002
    Some of the flat screen tubes can't, it throws off the geomtry.
  • SPEAKER7
    SPEAKER7 Posts: 355
    edited February 2002
    Chris,

thanks again for the advice......it's pretty tough to find out if the tv has been tilt because the tv has been handled many times over before it arrives at my place and I hope they can lift the tv down the flight of stairs to my basement or else I screwed!

dc.
  • CHRIS
    edited February 2002
    DC I have a linkto the service menu for the Sony's, if you ever need it. Its not hard to get the geometry to an OK level.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited February 2002
    Some of the flat screen tubes can't, it throws off the geomtry.
    I did not know this. Wounder why that is? Are they really that sensitive?

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • fabian1
    fabian1 Posts: 218
    edited February 2002
    Congratulations, on your puchase mate, I hope you have years of trouble free TV Regards Fabian :)
    The Wonder From Downunder