Jinjuku - pro gear in mastering studios

Comments

• jinjuku
    jinjuku Posts: 1,523
    edited December 2010
    If you want to see who stirs up crap at PF look no further than the OP of this thread.
  • inspiredsports
    inspiredsports Posts: 5,501
    edited December 2010
    jinjuku wrote: »
    Send a couple of Crown Studio Reference 1's my way and it's a deal.

Wow, that is tempting. Send you a couple crappy amps and get you to sign a restraining order to leave, and never post a negative word concerning CP elsewhere. But alas, it would set a bad precedent and bring more cretins out of the woodwork looking for crappy bribes.
    VTL ST50 w/mods / RCA6L6GC / TlfnknECC801S
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 w/mods
    TT Conrad Johnson Sonographe SG3 Oak / Sumiko LMT / Grado Woodbody Platinum / Sumiko PIB2 / The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro/ Bada DD-22 Tube CDP / Conrad Johnson SD-22 CDP
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020 / Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9 / Vibrapods / MIT Shotgun AC1 IEC's / MIT Shotgun 2 IC's / MIT Shotgun 2 Speaker Cables
    PS Audio Cryo / PowerPort Premium Outlets / Exact Power EP15A Conditioner
    Walnut SDA 2B TL /Oak SDA SRS II TL (Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Custom SDA ICs / Dynamat Extreme / Larry's Rings/ FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • inspiredsports
    edited December 2010
    Keiko wrote: »
    Troy, any idea where we can get any of those Goodyear, Bridgestone, General Tire recordings? I wanna compare them to my MFSL, Steve Hoffman DCC and Robert Ludwig masterings. :biggrin:

Hey, maybe I can do some legwork when I'm in town! Problem is those companies have shrunk up to be smaller than my balls in icewater :biggrin:
    TT Conrad Johnson Sonographe SG3 Oak / Sumiko LMT / Grado Woodbody Platinum / Sumiko PIB2 / The Clamp
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9 / Vibrapods / MIT Shotgun AC1 IEC's / MIT Shotgun 2 IC's / MIT Shotgun 2 Speaker Cables
    Walnut SDA 2B TL /Oak SDA SRS II TL (Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Custom SDA ICs / Dynamat Extreme / Larry's Rings/ FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • inspiredsports
    edited December 2010
    hehe. Hows things on the North Coast, brother? :smile:

Aloha, Howzit brudda!

I like this time of year. The house smells like pumplin pie, looks nice with tree, garland and lights, and that first dusting of snow lets me know I can finally get off of the lawnmower. Trouble is (see post above) by balls are shrunk up to the size of raisins in icewater. :eek:
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • AudioGenics
    AudioGenics Posts: 2,567
    edited December 2010
    Professional Vs. Audiophile

... the difference in audio equipment as the difference between "Production and Reproduction". If your goal is to reproduce the input, then your choices of equipment will be different than someone who desires to produce a particular sound or result because they may personally prefer it.....Bryston
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited December 2010
    Really, people take anything said on the AVS forum seriously? Wow!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2010
    General Tire's HQ was in Akron. They produced all their commercials and internal a/v there Moron.

Akron for the longest time was home of Goodyear, Bridgestone, General Tire etc...

..and your point is what? Have you ever listened to a commercial through a TV for sound quality? That's preposterous. If you can't discern the difference between the A/V department of a mid-size company and the studios of someone who produces hifi material....well, we just aren't on the same page. FWIW, for the purposes of General Tire, the gear you are touting is probably just fine, you betcha.

Yes, I do stir the pot....and your point being what? I'm pretty comfortable here, I have my friends and there are those that don't care for me.I am, however, consistent. Whatever it is I do, I do it here. I'm not posting here...then running over to, say, avsforum, and bash the Polk forum just to score some brownie points with those guys (which is pretty pathetic, btw).

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • TroyD
    edited December 2010
    Troy, any idea where we can get any of those Goodyear, Bridgestone, General Tire recordings? I wanna compare them to my MFSL, Steve Hoffman DCC and Robert Ludwig masterings. :biggrin:

There is a shitload of them at every Goodwill, Salvation Army and Thrift that I've ever been to. Usually mixed in with the Ray Coniff albums (who has to have sold more records that Elvis and the Beatles).

Hey, how is it that Keiko and I can be friends if we don't agree on something like his choice in turntables? How is that possible?? I dunno, maybe some people take this too personal?

BDT
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    edited December 2010
    From what I saw at avs, it looks like jindookie is as well regarded there as he is here. At least the folks on AVS and CP can agree on something!:tongue:
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • TroyD
    edited December 2010
    heh heh heh....we've got to get you off the direct drive and get you into a good, belt driven table. You'll be amazed.

Also, prices are falling. I'll bet you can bag a used Scout for less than a large these days.

BDT
  • megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    edited December 2010
    Jinjuku,

I went easy on you coz I didn't know you are a mod in AudioHolics. Wish I knew a little earlier and it's time to stop your loads of Bull **** here. If you are a mod, you better know forum etiquette more than a normal member should.

After I read this thread, I went over there to check who Jinju really is.

AudioHolics Mod with a load of BullShits! I dare say it on AVS, AudioKarma, HTS, DIYAudio!

Folks, you'll get crystal clear picture why Jinjuku is praising for the PA gears. He got one (may be more) to unload.

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69978
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • vc69
    vc69 Posts: 2,500
    edited December 2010
    Those Behringer amps are a not what I would call a quality product. Dingus has been on my ignore list since I can remember. C'est la vie.
    -Kevin
    HT: Philips 52PFL7432D 52" LCD 1080p / Onkyo TX-SR 606 / Oppo BDP-83 SE / Comcast cable. (all HDMI)B&W 801 - Front, Polk CS350 LS - Center, Polk LS90 - Rear
    2 Channel:
    Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Squeezebox Touch
    Muscial Fidelity M1 DAC
    VTL 2.5
    McIntosh 2205 (refurbed)
    B&W 801's
    Transparent IC's
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited December 2010
    Because if you said it on AA, they'd ban you for not being with their program. You gotta be a drone. Individuals are not allowed and resistance is futile. Sorta like being assimilated by the Bjork??. :eek:

I think Sal tried that at PolkFest '10. And it didn't work! lol

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • megasat16
    edited December 2010
    Because if you said it on AA, they'd ban you for not being with their program. You gotta be a drone. Individuals are not allowed and resistance is futile. Sorta like being assimilated by the Borg. :eek:

Actually, I don't have any account on AA. I didn't have a membership there coz I think it sucks from the beginning. :eek:

But I dare say it on the AA too. Let's see how Jinjuku tolerate BS in his own backyard. :wink:
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • jinjuku
    jinjuku Posts: 1,523
    edited December 2010
    megasat16 wrote: »
    Jinjuku,

I went easy on you coz I didn't know you are a mod in AudioHolics. Wish I knew a little earlier and it's time to stop your loads of Bull **** here. If you are a mod, you better know forum etiquette more than a normal member should.

After I read this thread, I went over there to check who Jinju really is.

AudioHolics Mod with a load of BullShits! I dare say it on AVS, AudioKarma, HTS, DIYAudio!

Folks, you'll get crystal clear picture why Jinjuku is praising for the PA gears. He got one (may be more) to unload.

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69978

Yep, I just picked up the XLS 402d. :rolleyes:
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,050
    edited December 2010
    megasat16 wrote: »
    Let's see how Jinjuku tolerate BS in his own backyard. :wink:

I am a member at both and I occasionally read when I'm bored. I would NEVER stoop to his level and mount a trolling attack over there. I have self esteem and I don't need constant attention or reinforcement.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • megasat16
    edited December 2010

Why? Isn't Behringer your 1st love? Why betrayal now? :rolleyes:

Weren't you defending Behringer when I said Crown may shuts down driving apogee 1ohm load but Behringer may spews out smoke and fire?
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2010
    Hey now! I completely agree with your choice of turntables, bro. That VPI's just not within my budget. :biggrin:
    TroyD wrote: »
    heh heh heh....we've got to get you off the direct drive and get you into a good, belt driven table. You'll be amazed.

Also, prices are falling. I'll bet you can bag a used Scout for less than a large these days.

BDT

Troy, I've been trying to get that cabados to go with a VPI table for years!!! :eek::biggrin: I did get him into a VPI RCM from Stephen and what does he do, he goes for their top-of-line RCM . . . so hope is not lost. Hehehe!:biggrin::wink:
  • TroyD
    edited December 2010
    TroyD wrote: »
    ..and your point is what? Have you ever listened to a commercial through a TV for sound quality? That's preposterous. If you can't discern the difference between the A/V department of a mid-size company and the studios of someone who produces hifi material....well, we just aren't on the same page. FWIW, for the purposes of General Tire, the gear you are touting is probably just fine, you betcha.

Yes, I do stir the pot....and your point being what? I'm pretty comfortable here, I have my friends and there are those that don't care for me.I am, however, consistent. Whatever it is I do, I do it here. I'm not posting here...then running over to, say, avsforum, and bash the Polk forum just to score some brownie points with those guys (which is pretty pathetic, btw).

BDT

Still waiting, I'll even do it civil (note I've not been harsh here)....but, I'd really like to discuss the correlation between hifi and general broadcast media.

Really?

BDT
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,832
    edited December 2010
    I feel like I'm in the prison yard waiting for someone to get shanked on the show Locked Up..lol
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited December 2010
    The only problem is that most of us are slow, unaffected and too easily distracted by shiny things. Trey is probably the only nimble Polkie in this place.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • TroyD
    edited December 2010
    Nah, if there wasn't a shanking at PF '05, it ain't gonna happen.

BDT
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited December 2010
    I shanked myself once with a bike seat pole because I was missing the seat.....

it sucked.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    edited December 2010
    cstmar01 wrote: »
    I shanked myself once with a bike seat pole because I was missing the seat.....

it sucked.
    Not exactly the visual I wanted while eating lunch:eek:... thanks for that.:wink:
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited December 2010
    Not exactly the visual I wanted while eating lunch:eek:... thanks for that.:wink:

you know you liked it :wink::tongue:
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2010
    Heck with all ya'll. I'm getting me a PA, and iPod and a pair of white van speakers. Everything sounds the same anyway. :tongue:

Keiko does love his HW-17 tho. :biggrin:

97bf72044f.jpg

Attaguy, rub it in!:tongue:
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited December 2010

The brown stain at least would have something in common with this thread!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • inspiredsports
    edited December 2010
    Aaaaaannnnd . . . . Theeeeeeeeeeeeey're . . . . . . . . . Off !!
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • inspiredsports
    edited December 2010
    I just couldn't help visiting jinjanguku's stomping grounds and one new post title there just cracked me . . . ""Wife to the mental hospital" :smile:
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • TECHNOKID
    TECHNOKID Posts: 4,298
    edited December 2010

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=769402&postcount=1
    :frown::frown::frown:
    :frown::frown::frown:

Actually I was thinking of not posting at all in this thread and report it for closure but in light of megasat16 post about this sale I wonder if you (jinjuku) wouldn't mind answering a few simple questions. I see that you posted your FS at audioholics on November 28th and you got involved in wolfpack help request on November 25th http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1464788&postcount=1 proposing this as an option http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1465039&postcount=4 so since I don't have proof and don't want to accuse without any, let's formulate this as a few questions. Is it at all possible you got all worked up and defensive with us which didn't agree that Behringer was a good option for the OP because of your intention to offer the OP this A500? Is it possible at all that we (against Behringer idea) somehow sabotage your plans on offering the OP a great deal on your A500? Simple questions and I would humbly say they are legitimate due to parallel FORUMs postings referring to the exact same gear. Just a thinking here, any comments (jinjuku)?:frown::frown::frown:
    DARE TO SOAR:
    “Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)