Spare asst. speaker parts for sale - SDA & RTA-TL

Options
djreef
djreef Posts: 71
edited January 2004 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Hey gang,

Was digging through my closet & ran across some old upgrade parts. I put them on ebay. You can check them out here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14993&item=3069858289

Just view the other parts auctions from this one. Peace.

DJ
= 8-->{I>
= 8-->{I>
Post edited by djreef on

Comments

• hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited January 2004
    Options
    Sent p.m.
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited January 2004
    Options
    Mike,

What are you looking to get?

Jesse
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hotwheelman
    edited January 2004
    Options
    I need a sl3000, one of mine bit the dust.
  • F1nut
    edited January 2004
    Options
    Go for it.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• djreef
    edited January 2004
    Options
    Hey -

Are you the same F1nut I've seen lurking around the Carver/Sunfire website? Man, do you ever sleep?

DJ
    = 8-->{I>
    = 8-->{I>
  • F1nut
    edited January 2004
    Options
    One and the same. Yes, I sleep very well thank you, just not on corporate America time.......:D

Want to sell those mid-drivers off eBay?

President of Club Polk

• djreef
    edited January 2004
    Options
    -Want to sell those mid-drivers off eBay?-

Nah. People (potential bidders) get upset when you end auctions early. I'd rather be fair & let the market decide. It's just a personal policy that I've recently adopted. Thanks for offering, though.

DJ
    = 8-->{I>
    = 8-->{I>
  • F1nut
    edited January 2004
    Options
    Ok, no problem.

For future reference, you really should offer your fellow Polkies first crack before posting a link to a auction. Kinda the unwritten rule around here.

President of Club Polk

• hotwheelman
    edited January 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by F1nut
    Ok, no problem.

For future reference, you really should offer your fellow Polkies first crack before posting a link to a auction. Kinda the unwritten rule around here.

Amen brotha
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited January 2004
    Options
    There's a lot of that **** cropping up on a lot of different sites. I don't mean Polk ****, I mean advertisements for auctions. Plenty nervy it be.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grands)
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited January 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by djreef
    -Want to sell those mid-drivers off eBay?-

Nah. People (potential bidders) get upset when you end auctions early. I'd rather be fair & let the market decide. It's just a personal policy that I've recently adopted. Thanks for offering, though.

DJ
    = 8-->{I>

That may be true. But if you wish to sell your stuff here, then sell it here. I would not, personally, try to bid on someone's auction listed from this site, unless it was a non-member who doesn't know about this forum. If it was, say, a classified and you didn't feel like retyping the description, that's one thing.

With all of the people who own SDA's on this site, you probably would have offed all of them.

You are trying to get the most for it you can, and that's understandable. But this ain't ebay. We don't bid, we make a deal for a fair price and stick to it.

I'm not trying to jump all over you man, but that **** really burns my ****.

just my .02
  • djreef
    edited January 2004
    Options
    I don't understand. Why wouldn't you want to know about something you could possibly use. If I post it on ebay and you don't know about it, then who does this help? To be quite honest, I have absolutely no idea what any of this is worth. What better way of offering it than to post it here, and letting the market dictate the price? I just don't get the logic? These are just parts, I don't plan on retiring off this stuff. I didn't come here to start anything, or rip anyone off - I promise. I just want to get this stuff out of my tiny apartment, and get it into the hands of someone who can use it, at a price that's fair to all concerned.

DJ
    = 8-->{I>
    = 8-->{I>
  • George Grand
    edited January 2004
    Options
    Lot of the members here are as good at sniffing out **** artists, as they are at sniffing out Polk on ebay.

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited January 2004
    Options
    dj,
    Yours is not the transgression of the year or anything close to it. Just a way of doing business here.

As for fair value, you'd be surprised at how fair a price you'd have gotten here.

EDIT: F1, George, I signed up over at the Carver Forum. Has some promise as a site, but right now the crickets are deafening over there...:o
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • F1nut
    edited January 2004
    Options
    Tour,

We're trying to make some noise, but not many shouting back.

President of Club Polk

• Tour2ma
    edited January 2004
    Options
    You actually had some live ones on your CA upgrades, but they just went away... odd for Forum folk...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • F1nut
    edited January 2004
    Options
    I think there was some hot air blowing. :rolleyes:

President of Club Polk

• George Grand
    edited January 2004
    Options
    Tour,

I saw you throw your name in there at that forum. It is a blossoming forum. Maybe the flowers will wilt, maybe it'll be a beautiful garden. Let's see what happens.

• djreef
    edited January 2004
    Options
    I guess this unwritten policy is something I'll never understand. And George, I'm not trying to **** anyone. I truly want what's fair for everyone. I have all of these parts, and I want to get rid of them. Period. I really don't know what any of this stuff is worth. I don't live here, like many of you, so I don't have a history of seeing what is selling, and for how much. Is there an online Orion guide (or whatever it's called) for this kind of stuff? What resources do I have? How do I know what fair value is? Do I just take the word of someone I've never met or seen? I've done that before, and been roasted. What protection is there for me?

DJ
    = 8-->{I>
    = 8-->{I>
  • Tour2ma
    edited January 2004
    Options
    Understandable reaction, dj... You just have to be a round here long enough.

I don't think Orion deals with parts.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli