DVD Freeze-Up

Options
Firerider58
Firerider58 Posts: 95
edited January 2004 in Electronics
Hello Folk's, hope someone can give me a clue on this. I have a Toshiba SD-4700 that has been a work horse for about 2 years now. Within the past week or two, I have been having a problem with it freezing up during DVD playback. And I mean it freezes up. Neither the remote, or controls on the unit itself will work, even the power button. I have to unplug the unit to get it running again. Bought a Maxell cleaning disc and ran it a couple of times, and it still does it. No particular time frame, you'll just be watching a movie and Bam! It freezes. Any ideas? or is it time for a new one? Thanks!

Ron
Post edited by Firerider58 on

Comments

• ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited January 2004
    Options
    is the unit getting hot ? this can cause it to freeze up. had a VCR that did this, elavated it slightly and put a fan on it when i watched movies and it stopped..now that i think about it had a ps1 that did the same thing used to have to put it over the ac vent to play games..lol

any wayz you might need to take it in for a tune up, or replace it
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited January 2004
    Options
    The warranty must be expired on it now. ;) Time to move on. I buried a Sony last year.
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited January 2004
    Options
    heat kills. when i run my gear i have to open the doors to make sure it gets well ventalated...i also got a box cutter and made the back of the e center bigger (other than just the wire holes that are pre cut in the back cardboard). take a hammer to it.. if that dont work, bury it like PolkT sugg.

spaz
    Life without music would
  • Cold Zero
    Cold Zero Posts: 3
    edited January 2004
    Options
    I have a Panasonic DVD-CV50 that breaks up the picture and sound on the DVDs that we watch. The past three movies we watched the picture would break up and the audio would do the same. First time it was 45min into the movie, the second time it was 1hr and today it was 40min. All DVD's work well in my computer's DVD player.

Thanks for any input.
    bud