Goldeneye 007

Options
tommyboy
tommyboy Posts: 1,414
edited November 2010 in Video Games
No, I'm not talking about n64 game that caused me to lose a year of my life back in 1997:eek:

http://wii.ign.com/objects/867/867280.html

They are coming out with a "remake' of the game for the wii. Though it looks more of a quick money maker to take the title from a nostalgic game. Also Rare, the orignial develepor, has nothing to do with this game (but apparently a few designers have moved to this company). But I could be wrong, they might really try update the original with better graphics and, more importantly, improved controls to make the game even more enjoyable than the n64 classic.

Of course, new games always have a hard time besting nostalgia.
AVR: H/K AVR240
Fronts: Monitor 50s
Center: CSI3
surrounds: R15s
Sub:Velodyne DPS10
Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
game hardware: 360 and gcn.
Gamertag: kovster27
Post edited by tommyboy on

Comments

• domflane
    domflane Posts: 653
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The FPS that started it all for me . . on consoles that is. I was playing Doom and Rainbow 6 on the PC before that. Goldeneye is what made me stop PC gaming and move on to the bigger, better (IMO) world of consoles. I might have to get a wii if its any good.
    Home Theater
    RTiA5 - CSiA6 - FXiA6 - PSW650 - Pioneer Elite SC-55 - Carver AV-505 - Sony 46" 120Hz - Monster HP 2400 - Xbox 360 - Playstation 3
    2 Channel
    Polk RTA 15TL - Harman Kardon HK3485 - HK DVD48 - Signal Cable IC's and speaker cables
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I lost the exact same year Tommyboy. One-shot kill with the pistols in the facility.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Pycroft
    Pycroft Posts: 1,960
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The N64 Goldeneye was the greatest console game ever :)

I may actually buy a Wii game if this comes out - I rarely play, if ever, but I may have to make an exception.

James
    2 Channel/HT:
    Sony SS-M9 P's (ES version)
    Sony SS-M1CN Center Channel
    Polk RT800 Surround Speakers
    Odyssey Stratos Dual Mono Amplifiers
    TAD 150 Signature Tube Preamp
    Harman Kardon HK354
    Sony SACD Player
  • zippty2001
    zippty2001 Posts: 232
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yes its a good game its still the only fps i have played on a console i just love a mouse well i do play fps on my wii and thats close
  • gfong
    gfong Posts: 1,079
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Awesome game for sure! Fun times playing that game.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Why did they have to make it "Goldeneye 007"?!
    There is already exists a Goldeneye with a perfectly square headed Pierce Brosnan in it. NOT DANIEL CRAIG!

If it isn't broken, THEN DON'T FIX IT!. They should have re-release the original!

Guess i'm going to have to dust off the ol' Wii and try it out. I foresee myself playing with a frown from insert of disc to rolling of credits. Shame :mad:

dual dd44 dostoveis' would ruin anyone's day just as a well placed proximity mine :D
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • tommyboy
    edited August 2010
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Why did they have to make it "Goldeneye 007"?!
    There is already exists a Goldeneye with a perfectly square headed Pierce Brosnan in it. NOT DANIEL CRAIG!

If it isn't broken, THEN DON'T FIX IT!. They should have re-release the original!

Guess i'm going to have to dust off the ol' Wii and try it out. I foresee myself playing with a frown from insert of disc to rolling of credits. Shame :mad:

dual dd44 dostoveis' would ruin anyone's day just as a well placed proximity mine :D

Yes, I see where you are coming at. But there are a few remakes that come to mind that are much improved over thte original like Resident evil and Metroid zero mission. These two were so well done that it makes the original worthless to play (at least for me). Now why wouldn't you want a game that you enjoyed so much be improved so it would be even better to play?

There is a BIG difference though which is both these games were made by the same company who made the original. So like I implied before, I'm skeptical this game will come close being more enjoyable than goldeneye on the n64.

On a side note, have any of you played the RE remake lately? This game came out in 2002 on the gamecube, yet the graphics still amaze me. It rivals some of the decent looking games today. Funky controls aside, its still the best horror game to date.. period.
  • mrbiron
    edited August 2010
    Options
    But there are a few remakes that come to mind that are much improved over thte original like Resident evil and Metroid zero mission.

But we are talking GOLDENEYE!...the Mecca of all FPS in recent years (Doom hold a special place in my heart but not that special) My N64 ran for days on end with that game. I remember bleeding from my eyes like it was yesterday.

I honestly think the most disappointing part of it is that its a Wii game!...there are no game enthusiasts out there that have come up through every system starting with Intellevision all the way through PS3 and 360 that solely own a Wii!
    I want to play with a controller, not wave a spatula and nunchuck around!

ROAR! :mad:....release it on the 360 or PS3 and give me some BLOOD and true violence!!! :cool:
  • tommyboy
    edited August 2010
    Options
    GoldenEye 007 is a first-person shooter video game developed by the Nintendo 64 video game console based on the James Bond film GoldenEye.

Thanks for the information I never knew that! you seem to know what you are talking about. You're a smart guy!!

On a completely random thought that has nothing to do with anything. If I need some accessories for an i-pad, just incase I get one, where should I go? Smart guy? you should know.

DSkip wrote: »
    But, IT IS BROKEN. Have you tried to play the game since it came out? A lot has changed for the better in the past 13 years, and old FPS games we hold dear are lackluster because of it.

It will always be a great game in our minds, but mostly because of nostalgia. It raised the bar in 1997 and changed games for good. By today's standards, it would be laughed at if it were to come out. That statement has nothing to do with graphics and everything to do with mechanics.

Yes, a exact remake would be a failure. If any of you played metroid, the controls are god awful. and if they decided to keep those controls and updated the graphics in metroid zero mission, the game would be unplayable by todays standards. It would be great to play goldeneye with dual stick capabilities.
  • mrbiron
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It would be great to play goldeneye with dual stick capabilities.
    Yes it would, but we are going to be stuck playing the game on a Wii....be prepared to be disappointed.
  • cokewithvanilla
    cokewithvanilla Posts: 1,777
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It would be smart to update the graphics. I played an emulator on PC about 3-4 years ago in 480 resolution (windowed) and it still looked like crap. There's nothing wrong with updating the graphics... kinda like Counter Strike to Counter Strike: Source.
  • Sinister184
    Sinister184 Posts: 14
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ill be reliving this one
  • cokewithvanilla
    cokewithvanilla Posts: 1,777
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ronnyadam wrote: »
    GoldenEye 007 is a set of 1997 first-person shooter video developed by Rare for Nintendo 64 game console, which is based on the 1995 film of James Bond 007 is a GoldenEye.Goldeneye intelligently designed and executed a brilliant cut diamond game to build his spy adventure style chip on the basis of gender in the first person, and unleash the full power capacity of four players from Nintendo.

uh??
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    edited October 2010
    Options
    he's a spammer... look at the link in his sig. report and flag him.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Proximity mine each spawn point. Glorious!
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • kawizx9r
    kawizx9r Posts: 5,150
    edited October 2010
    Options
    This makes me want to fire up my N64 and play some Goldeneye ;)
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

heiney9 wrote: »
    Any clue how to use the internet? Found it in about 10 sec.
  • bigaudiofanatic
    bigaudiofanatic Posts: 4,415
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Super Nintendo Mario and Power Rangers
    Playstation Twisted Metal 3 and Medieval
    Nintendo 64 007 and Starfox 64 Pokemon Stadium
    Dreamcast Rush 2049
    Playstation 2 ..........
    Xbox 360 Guitar Hero 3 and Call Of Duty
    Playstation 3 Gran Turismo 5

Man the memories but the best was computer Mech Warrior 3 Best game ever IMO, F-22 Lightning 3, Doom 3, USAF, Unreal Tournament 3.
    HT setup
    Panasonic 50" TH-50PZ80U
    Denon DBP-1610
    Monster HTS 1650
    Carver A400X :cool:
    MIT Exp 3 Speaker Wire
    Kef 104/2
    URC MX-780 Remote
    Sonos Play 1

Living Room
    63 inch Samsung PN63C800YF
    Polk Surroundbar 3000
    Samsung BD-C7900
  • sm88
    sm88 Posts: 353
    edited October 2010
    Options
    One hit kill and throwing knives only on the larger maps was my dueling style of choice
    Current System:
    Paradigm Signature S2 v2
    Conrad Johnson MF2500
    Wyred4Sound DAC2
    Audioquest Black Mamba II

For Sale:
    3x Wilson Cub's
    Conrad Johnson MF2500
  • tommyboy
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Toxis wrote: »
    Proximity mine each spawn point. Glorious!

Yeah until you die then kill yourself three times before you can do anything about it:p

I finally hooked it up with a few friends little while back, still a blast to play (though a little outdated of course;))
  • tommyboy
    edited November 2010
    Options
    IGN Goldeneye 007 Review

Hmm, looks like they actually tried to make a decent game. Let me know, anyone who picks this up, how it is
  • Haugarth
    Haugarth Posts: 11
    edited November 2010
    Options
    This is a tough one for me. Goldeneye on N64 is a classic which I likely logged 200 hours playing. After playing the Wii version, it's falling short of my expectations. While the nostalgia is there to a certain degree, something is missing. Perhaps it's just a sign that FPS have evolved (improved) so much from those early Rare days. Slightly bummed here.
  • mtbeck
    mtbeck Posts: 24
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I don't think anything will ever be the same as getting 3 buddies and dukin' it out on the n64 version...
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I miss multiple TVs in the same room and days of Goldeneye with friends...