lost deep bass

Options
i bought r50 speakers about a year ago and the bass is not the same.
Post edited by josh vermeiren on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2004
    Options
    Josh, please give us some more info on your system.. what receiver do yo have? Where are your R50's placed? How close to walls?

Maybe one of the drivers in your speakers is dead or something. What else have you done to your system recently.. added anything? Did you change out the speaker wires? Did you change out receivers? Are you talking about losing bass in movies and music or just movies?

did you check and recheck your speaker wire connectors to make sure red is going to red and black to black. crossing the wires will decrease the bass in speakers.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,089
    edited January 2004
    Options
    chances are, your taste and expectations have outgrown the speakers......no? Just my guess...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • josh vermeiren
    josh vermeiren Posts: 3
    edited January 2004
    Options
    all i have is a yamaha-5540 and the front speakers are about 10 feet from the wall. is that too close and how far should they be?
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited January 2004
    Options
    What has changed in the past year?

Have you:
    - moved the speakers?
    - changed the room (new furniture, etc.)?
    - other...?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • walk
    walk Posts: 178
    edited January 2004
    Options
    He turned the volume down.
    - Sony 50"A3000 SXRD; Onkyo TX-SR 805
    - Polk RTi150 mains; CSi30 center; FXi3 surrounds, R15 backs
    - Velodyne CHT-12 subwoofer
  • jack
    jack Posts: 16
    edited January 2004
    Options
    Danger boy may have hit it on the head. Sounds like the speakers are not "in phase".