My Mits 46" 16:9 gets calibrated (ISF'd)

2»

Comments

• BrandonW
    BrandonW Posts: 57
    edited February 2002
    Ron you want a good test for your tv?

Check out pleasantville (reese witherspoon)

When they are taking the car ride and it goes from black and white to color at little at a time, really neat demo. VERY vivid colors. The 2nd one is the beginning of austin powers, where the beginning has the parade... Very brillant colors...those are probably my two favorite ones to demo...

Brandon
  • CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited February 2002
    Brandon-First and formost, welcome to the forum this is the first I've seen a post from you. When I had my TVs calibrated I called ISF to see if their was anyone not on the list of names they give you online who was closer. The nearest person was more then 100 miles away and wanted $100 for traveling (which IMO is fair). I wanted to try and find someone closer.
    But the point is they asked what I needed done, I guess for looking at who did what, they did recommend having my Sony XBR 450 done. I don't know about other tube TVs and what ISF can do. It made a huge difference. When watching it before the picture was way off especially sports events and outside filming, it just looked weird. The SVM, horizontal & vertical adjustments, keystone, pincusion, convergence, and others I don't know the names of were worked on. Trying to adjusted it right yourself is next to impossible. I thought I did a good job, when this guy was done I was amazed. That is when started telling the forum about it, more then a year ago. So IMO tubes do need to be done the service mode for the Sony is a lot. I had my Pioneer 710 done as well and IMO both looked equaly better.
    Please take this post with a grain of salt, I had a Milogram(spinal tap) this morning and the post is not meant in a negative way at all. :) So I hope this is taken in the manor in which it was intended.
    Having someone in the setup business as you are will be a good addition to the forum.
    Chris :)
  • BrandonW
    edited February 2002
    Chris,

Good to hear they did you right,
    and you will never offend me with a diffearnce of opinion, and to be honest I have done very few tubes as my belief what i stated.
    So my experiance with teh smaller tubes is limited, on a projector, or rear projection system i encourage EVERYONE to have the tweaks made once a year.

most the time the benifits recieved for an adjustment on tubes (aside from the basic color/contrast adjustments) are pretty unworthwhile, as it gets expensive quick, and your gains are very little.

The bigger the tv the more differance it will make. Obviously with a larger screen problems become more aparent, much like say your cable at your house is weak and fuzzy, its going to look 100 times worse on a 65 inch tv vs a 13 inch. Just because the problem is on a bigger/more noticable scale.

Per your spinal tap, hope you are feeling alright =) I pulled a muscle in my back today and had to call into work soo i will probably be bothersome all day long =)

Brandon
  • CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited February 2002
    When my Pioneer was delivered it was wth much more care and packaged much better. I went through a lot with Sony and C.C. since they are to be kept flat and level when moving. C.C. just put in the back of the car upside down. Sony did me right though after 3 TVs they gave me one sent from them and a free upgrade to a 36". The 710 also only has DVD and DSS while the Sony has both reg cable, DSS, and DVD. Regular cable here blows. Before the calibration the TV had a weird shadowy kinda look, especially outside seens.
    Backs can really be a problem I've been dealing with mine since a car wreck 15 years ago. Hope yours gets better guick.
    Chris :)
  • BrandonW
    edited February 2002
    I am pretty much healed now, nothing like a beer diet for 24 hours to fix you up! =)

Waiting for ron to watch the selections indicated, they are my two choices when I am at trade shows testing projectors, mainly for the reds (one of the hardest colors to do)

Anyways
    thanks for the warm invite!
    Brandon
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited February 2002
    I do not own either of those movies and will most likey not rent them for awhile, but when I do, I'll be sure to pay attention to those scenes.

A great demo is Red Planet. Inside the lander and the ship, both have great dark scenes and very vivid colors. Excellent.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.