call for help

fireshoes
fireshoes Posts: 3,167
edited January 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
Call For Help on TechTV is showing how to transfer your vinyl to cd right now :)

Using software called Audacity (audacity.sourceforge.com I believe) and DePopper (droidinfo.com/software/depopper).
Post edited by fireshoes on

Comments

• organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited January 2004
    I heard about it in another forum but I'm not sure what program the members used. They all claimed that the "vinyl sound" went right into the CD. So CD playback sounds just like vinyl. "Perfect sound forever".

Maurice
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited January 2004
    I was only half-assed listening to it because I was busying IMing, but I heard the host (forget his name) ask if you would get cd quality sound and the guy that was doing to copying said no, no, no, you're still just copying it from a record so it can't be, but you get the warm vinyl sound that people love. :) The dumbass host kept making hissing/scratching sounds and pretending their was music coming from a phonograph.
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited January 2004
    What a **** sucker! I'd knock him out and stick Bose cubes up his ****! He's never heard a good TT set up so he acts like a monkey. When doing that kind of recording, of course it's going to sound like the source. Dumbass...

I think it should be great for the vinyl fans in here. No more wear and tear on the records.

Maurice