grille for MM840?

Options
docjl
docjl Posts: 41
edited October 2010 in Car Subwoofer Talk
hey I was looking for a couple of grilles for my MM840's, Crutchfield sells the grilles specifically for these subs, but they are $30 each (seems like a lot for plastic grilles....)

does anybody know if any other brand grilles are a proper fit? how bout the DB8G grilles which are made for the Polk DB subs? those look very similiar to the MM840 grilles but can be had on ebay for under $20 (and I need 2).

thanks
Post edited by docjl on

Comments

• 809peter
    809peter Posts: 16
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If bought a grille for my (single) MM840(DVC proud :)). But I don't think you can find another cheap alternative that exactly fits this sub.
    What you can do, is make a spacer ring to fill up the space for the surround, so you can fit a standard 'flat' grille.
    Do you understand my idea?
  • madmike3434
    madmike3434 Posts: 25
    edited October 2010
    Options
    docjl wrote: »
    hey I was looking for a couple of grilles for my MM840's, Crutchfield sells the grilles specifically for these subs, but they are $30 each (seems like a lot for plastic grilles....)

does anybody know if any other brand grilles are a proper fit? how bout the DB8G grilles which are made for the Polk DB subs? those look very similiar to the MM840 grilles but can be had on ebay for under $20 (and I need 2).

thanks

I believe there is a couple ( 2 ) of brand new polk momo 8" sub grilles listed on ebay DIRT CHEAP. As of oct 19,.
    ends monday october 25 ........listing title

" 8" subwoofer grills for polk momo speakers " part # G8 in picture listed at .99 cents with one bid

madmike3434