Amazing! Duke Nukem Forever is actually going to be released!

Options
Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,712
edited October 2010 in Video Games
It's been a while and the rollercoaster that this game has been on has been "real" to say the least but 3D Realms has actually made as close of a commitment to a release date for this game as I have seen. The date has always been there as a target but they constantly whine about production dates slipping and such. Well, looks like they will still likely get it out this year.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/06/3d-realms-disputes-confirmation-of-duke-nukem-forever-in-2008/

Only problem is that this game has been hotly anticipated and talked up by the fanbois for so long that it has a ton of hype to live up to. I guess it's wait and see. Might be reason number 2 besides GT 5 to get a PS3.
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2008
    Options
    I stopped anticpating it about 8 years ago, they've been wavering on the release date for over 10.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • fumoffu
    fumoffu Posts: 80
    edited February 2008
    Options
    This game is the reason I stopped doing pre-orders.
    Home Theatre: Epson 5020ub, Elite Screen Sable Frame 100", Onkyo 818, Oppo BDP-103, Tivo Series 3, Xbox 360, Sealed Dual Sound Splinter RL-p 15" DIY sub powered by Behringer EP2500 with FBD, QSC RMX1400 powering LSi15, LSiC, LSiFX sides, and Lsi7 for the back, Technics SL-1200M3D
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited February 2008
    Options
    Lies....
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited February 2008
    Options
    report already disputed by3D Realms...it's never going to come out...
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,652
    edited February 2008
    Options
    Dang and I voted on a POLL and checked the never going to be released. So much for seeing the future. LOL

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • mutelight
    mutelight Posts: 1,054
    edited February 2008
    Options
    This is a teaser they released in December 07.

http://www.youtube.com/v/cWuteFLUPSY
    // Panasonic AE8000 // Pioneer SC-57 // Polk Audio RTi A9 // Polk Audio CSiA6 //
    // Polk Audio FXi A6 // SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer // Logitech Harmony Ultimate // Pro-Ject Debut III //
    // Oppo BDP-103 // Microsoft Xbox One Day One Edition // Sony Playstation 4 1TB SSHD // Nintendo Wii U //
    Photo Gallery
    Movie and Game Collection
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited February 2008
    Options
    Polkmaniac wrote: »
    report already disputed by3D Realms...it's never going to come out...

Where did you see that? 'Cause the only place I saw any kind of a dispute from 3D Realms was that it said that the reported date was on the optimistic side and that it might slip a month or two.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • BeRad
    BeRad Posts: 736
    edited February 2008
    Options
    Whats wrong with Duke Nukem 3D??? Best fps on the market. We don't need no newer version.
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited February 2008
    Options
    I highly doubt there will be a new Duke Nukem
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited February 2008
    Options
    ledhed wrote: »
    I highly doubt there will be a new Duke Nukem

Me too...I gave up on this game long ago.
  • fumoffu
    edited February 2008
    Options
    mutelight wrote: »
    This is a teaser they released in December 07.

http://www.youtube.com/v/cWuteFLUPSY

Wasn't that day day before Wired's Vapor-ware awards?
    Home Theatre: Epson 5020ub, Elite Screen Sable Frame 100", Onkyo 818, Oppo BDP-103, Tivo Series 3, Xbox 360, Sealed Dual Sound Splinter RL-p 15" DIY sub powered by Behringer EP2500 with FBD, QSC RMX1400 powering LSi15, LSiC, LSiFX sides, and Lsi7 for the back, Technics SL-1200M3D
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited February 2008
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    Where did you see that? 'Cause the only place I saw any kind of a dispute from 3D Realms was that it said that the reported date was on the optimistic side and that it might slip a month or two.
    It's in the article that you linked. It looks like they made an update after you posted it here. maybe I'm reading it wrong, take a look at it again.
  • jwhitakr
    jwhitakr Posts: 568
    edited February 2008
    Options
    BeRad wrote: »
    Whats wrong with Duke Nukem 3D??? Best fps on the market. We don't need no newer version.

Wrong! Quake III CPMA/OSP 1.43 is the best fps on the market. :D

bdaley6509 wrote: »
    Me too...I gave up on this game long ago.

Same. I'll believe the game is released when I see it on the shelves of my local BB or Wal-Mart.
    My HT
    HDTV: Panasonic PT-61LCX65 61" Rear Proj. LCD
    AVR: Harman Kardon AVR 235
    Video: 80GB PS3, Toshiba HD-XA1 HD DVD
    Fronts: Polk Audio RTi8
    Center: Polk Audio CSi3
    Amp: Emotiva LPA-1
    Surrounds: Polk Audio R150
    Sub: HSU STF-3

The only true barrier to knowledge is the assumption that you already have it. - C.H. Dodd
  • RuSsMaN
    edited February 2008
    Options
    BeRad wrote: »

Do you still play it? I made a ton of deathmatch maps and a huge single player map using the Build engine several years ago - happy to share them with you if you'd like!

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited February 2008
    Options
    In the single player there is a strip club, along with a supermarket, bookstore, fire station and other things. The Deathmatch levels are hardcore and uber playable. I started building my own levels for DM because most of the ones out there were hideous.
  • fumoffu
    edited February 2008
    Options
    Quake was SOOO much better then Duke! Duke single player was fun, but I like full 2 dimensions. I can't imagine how many hundreds of hours I spent playing Quake online.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2008
    Options
    I dont understand why they havent released any new versions of Duke Nukem. I loved this game ever since I fist played the first version (Total Meltdown I believe) on PS1. Loved all 3 versions on Ps1 as a matter of fact and was really hoping for an Xbox version.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited February 2008
    Options
    George Broussard... excuse me, sir. I have John Romero on the phone. He wants to thank you for helping people forget Daikatana.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited February 2008
    Options
    Didn't they come out with a 3rd person version of D.N. a couple of years ago?
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited February 2008
    Options
    I stopped playing computers games several years ago, but DN3D and the original Quake were some of my favorites. DN was fun as hell, although I think Quake was a superior game. Some of the single-player levels in that were stunningly beautiful, especially considering everyone was used to 2D sprites at the time. The first time a shambler popped out of nowhere in the dark I was a believer.
  • Knucklehead
    Knucklehead Posts: 3,602
    edited September 2010
    Options
    John, your showing your age brother.
    Polk Audio Surround Bar 360
    Mirage PS-12
    LG BDP-550
    Motorola HD FIOS DVR
    Panasonic 42" Plasma
    XBOX 360[/SIZE]

Office stuff

Allied 395 receiver
    Pioneer CDP PD-M430
    RT8t's & Wharfedale Diamond II's[/SIZE]

Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music. ~Ronald Reagan
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited September 2010
    Options
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • JoshParsons84
    JoshParsons84 Posts: 565
    edited September 2010
    Options
    They'll never top Tiime To Kill anyways. That was the best game EVER!!!!!
  • quadzilla
    quadzilla Posts: 1,543
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Turntable: Empire 208
    Arm: Rega 300
    Cart: Shelter 501 III
    Phono Pre: Aural Thrills
    Digital: Pioneer DV-79ai
    Pre: Conrad Johnson ET3 SE
    Amp: Conrad Johnson Evolution 2000
    Cables: Cardas Neutral Reference
    Speakers: SDA 2.3TL, heavily modified
  • j allen
    j allen Posts: 363
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I think I'll believe when I have it in hand... I'm trying really hard not to get excited right now...
  • sm88
    sm88 Posts: 353
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Duke Nuke'm was only magical when it was the game I wasn't allowed to play. This new release will have missed the generation of innocence in games that let Mortal Kombat, Doom, and Duke 3D be so enticing!
    Current System:
    Paradigm Signature S2 v2
    Conrad Johnson MF2500
    Wyred4Sound DAC2
    Audioquest Black Mamba II

For Sale:
    3x Wilson Cub's
    Conrad Johnson MF2500
  • vc69
    vc69 Posts: 2,500
    edited September 2010
    Options
    j allen wrote: »
    I think I'll believe when I have it in hand... I'm trying really hard not to get excited right now...

^^^ LoL... same here.
    -Kevin
    HT: Philips 52PFL7432D 52" LCD 1080p / Onkyo TX-SR 606 / Oppo BDP-83 SE / Comcast cable. (all HDMI)B&W 801 - Front, Polk CS350 LS - Center, Polk LS90 - Rear
    2 Channel:
    Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Squeezebox Touch
    Muscial Fidelity M1 DAC
    VTL 2.5
    McIntosh 2205 (refurbed)
    B&W 801's
    Transparent IC's
  • chosenalready
    chosenalready Posts: 17
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Something tells me that this will be like seeing the sequel to a great movie. Not as good as the original. :eek: I hope I am wrong.