Classe CAP 101 or 105

LuSh
LuSh Posts: 887
edited December 2003 in 2 Channel Audio
Could anybody give me a list price of these intergrated either on the used and new market in Canadian dollars?

Any experience with these intergrateds or SimAudio Moon i-3's? Looking to power LSi's now...but perhaps more demanding speakers down the road (Totem Hawks/Mani II's). This would be considered my last upgrade for an intergrated amp. I'm currently using a NAD...and its about 1year old. It will get the job done but im very interested in the Classe and Moon stuff. I've heard many great things about their Tube nature in the soliid state realm. Any feedback would be great.
Post edited by LuSh on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited December 2003
    Here you go. I take it you meant the 150 integrated, not the 105 because I couldn't find that one. You'll have to do the dollar conversion, sorry.

Another integrated you might consider is Musical Fidelity, very nice gear.

CLASSE
    INT, CAP-101

Description: 2-CHANNEL, CLASS AB OUTPUT, 4 RCA INPUTS

Manufacture Years: 2000 - Current

Additional Information:
    Power: 100

Retail
    MSRP: $1,400.00
    USED: $700.00
    Wholesale
    Mint: $425.00
    Average: $250.00

CLASSE
    INT, CAP-150

Description: BALANCED/UNBALANCED INPUTS

Manufacture Years: 1998 - Current

Additional Information:
    Power: 150

Retail
    MSRP: $2,000.00
    USED: $850.00
    Wholesale
    Mint: $500.00
    Average: $325.00

SIMAUDIO
    INT, MOON I- 3

Description: 6 LINE INPUTS, PREAMP OUTPUT, REMOTE CONTROL

Manufacture Years: 2002 - Current

Additional Information:
    Power: 100

Retail
    MSRP: $1,700.00
    USED: $700.00
    Wholesale
    Mint: $425.00
    Average: $250.00
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited December 2003
    Here is a link to the Musical Fidelity A308 integrated, http://www.musicalfidelity.com/a308frameset.html

Here is the A3.2, http://www.musicalfidelity.com/a32series.html
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• LuSh
    LuSh Posts: 887
    edited December 2003
    Thx alot guys. I dunno about the totems, but I've heard them. They are very bright. I'm happy with the LSi's now, but ideally down the road if I upgrade again I wanna make sure there is no way in hell I have to upgrade the amp, for power reasons. The LSi'9's are demanding, and since upgrading my cd player I've noticed on higher volume settings the highs can start to sound thin and muddy.

If my conversions are correct I should be able to find the Moon I-3 for about $1200 CDN. And the Classe' for about $1400.