MIT Shotgun cables!!!

Toolfan66
Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
edited September 2010 in 2 Channel Audio
I will go on record and say these cables are one of if not the best investment I have put in my system. They are pure magic!!!

Everytime I sit in front of my rig I'm just in awe..

I really want to go with a full BAT rig but I really want the new Camaro, so I will have to wait a few to go that route...;)

Next bonus???

Oh yeah SDA's Rule!!!:)
Post edited by Toolfan66 on

Comments

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited September 2010
    Excellent. Sounds as if your now hearing them fully come into their own on the rig.

RT1
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,981
    edited September 2010
    Nice to hear they're working out for you. Enjoy!!!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited September 2010
    I feel the same way Larry, it's like listening for the first time . . . AGAIN!!! If I had to sum it up in one word I would say, "Sparkle!"
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited September 2010
    I think the Club Polk collective told you so!!!! :D. Glad they are working out for you. MIT makes about the best cables out there, IMO.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited September 2010
    I will go on record and say these cables are one of if not the best investment I have put in my system. They are pure magic!!!

Everytime I sit in front of my rig I'm just in awe..

I really want to go with a full BAT rig but I really want the new Camaro, so I will have to wait a few to go that route...;)

Next bonus???

Oh yeah SDA's Rule!!!:)

Start selling rings for the SRT and you'll make enough to get both!
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • HB27
    HB27 Posts: 1,518
    edited September 2010
    Zero wrote: »
    The Shotguns are a bit expensive for what they are.. but then again, what cables aren't? The performance is there and thats what matters. Enjoy the cables. :)

I've bought too many cables that didn't give me my money's worth but the MIT sound like they're worth the bucks. I don't mind spending it IF I get what I wanted.

Congrats on the cables Larry. I guess I'm next to order them.
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2010
    Zero wrote: »
    The Shotguns are a bit expensive for what they are.. but then again, what cables aren't? The performance is there and thats what matters. Enjoy the cables. :)

What do mean Sean?:confused: Could you elaborate please?
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2010
    HB27 wrote: »
    I've bought too many cables that didn't give me my money's worth but the MIT sound like they're worth the bucks. I don't mind spending it IF I get what I wanted.

Congrats on the cables Larry. I guess I'm next to order them.

Joe Abrams takes the edge off the expense Harry! Give him a call. I have his phone number somewhere, I'll send it to you via PM when I dig it up.
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2010
    PM on the way Harry!
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited September 2010

Drink some more kool-aid, and have another placebo pill. Haven't you been paying attention to the X-quack and others? :D

Seriously, I have to agree with you on the MITs. Over the summer I have added 3 pair of Shotgun 1.3 XLRs, and the Magnum digital IC to the 2 channel, along with 5 CVT Terminator 1 RCAs to the HT.

For the 2 channel system it really opened up the sound stage, and bought so much more detail into the sound. In the HT the same thing occured, and the noise floor dropped. Before, I could hear a little hiss from the center and rear while the system was idling. Now it is dead quiet in a 5 channels. I suspect the screw on RCA connectors are responsible for that.

Anyway, I agree with your statement that these cables are an excellent investment. Have some more kool-aid, and enjoy. :D
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • HB27
    edited September 2010
    Joe Abrams takes the edge off the expense Harry! Give him a call. I have his phone number somewhere, I'll send it to you via PM when I dig it up.

I got the PM info. Thank You. I like saving money.
    I picked up some Synergistic Research a couple of years ago for about 25 cents on the dollar and I've had no complaints with them. My Thorens TTs love them. Best cable I've seen on a TT by far.
    I've been playing musical cables on my main system and I've been moving sideways or backwards mostly. The MIT has been on my mind for about 6 months but they'll be the most expensive cable I've bought by far.
    Reading all the reviews here gives me some comfort about spending the bucks on more cables.
    I've spent my audio budget for the month on speakers again and I'll have to wait until October 1st for any major outlay. I might be able to raise the money selling off a few audio pieces before that.
  • mole'
    mole' Posts: 3,160
    edited September 2010
    i got my MIT AVt-3's and EXp-1's from Joe at an awesome price. ill be going back to him when i have the extra $$$ to get some nicer wires.
    mole'
  • Toolfan66
    edited September 2010
    Kool-Aid is good MIT style!!
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2010
    HB27 wrote: »
    I picked up some Synergistic Research a couple of years ago for about 25 cents on the dollar and I've had no complaints with them. My Thorens TTs love them. Best cable I've seen on a TT by far.

The last time I spoke with Joe, quite awhile ago and after the purchase of my S3s, he told me that MIT has a TT cable that will make me giddy with what I am hearing between my tonearm and phono pre.

The problem is it is expensive more expensive then I'd care to admit. So I'm using a Shotgun S3 in tandem with my SME TT cable and have been getting great results for over two years now. HOWEVER, hehehe, I have not forgotten the TT cable he told me about and someday I hope to give it ride in my rig.

I forgot, he did offer to let me try it in my rig for 30 days but I passed because I had already spent a lot of dough on the five pairs of S3 ICs I had purchased at the time and knew once I heard it would probably overextend myself and buy it. :eek:

BTW I sold a pair to Antny when I sold my tube buffer to Greg so I now only have four sets and they still sound spectacular! No upgrading necessary for quite a while.
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2010
    Kool-Aid is good MIT style!!

I like the licorice flavor!:D
  • HB27
    edited September 2010
    I've read a lot of reviews on the MIT cables and I can't find one complaint about them. No one's even complaining about the cost. That in itself tells me quite a lot about them.
    I like the Black Cherry flavored Kool Aid
  • dbaldus
    dbaldus Posts: 730
    edited September 2010
    Just curious, but are the prices that he has listed on this page the price that he is selling the cables for?
    http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/search2.pl?seller&Joeabrams

I am slightly confused because some of the ads say "Call for price" but then there is also a price listed with the ad...

Just trying to get an idea if a full MIT upgrade would be "expensive" or "super expensive" :)

2-channel
    Squeezebox Touch| MSB Analog DAC | Audio Research Ref 40 Anniversary Edition| Pass Labs X350.8 | Wilson Audio Sasha 2

Home Theater
    Arcam AVR 550 | GoldenEar Triton One | GoldenEar SuperCenter XXL | GoldenEar Aon 3 | JL Audio Fathom F113v2
  • bopicasso
    bopicasso Posts: 878
    edited September 2010
    Most of his listings are for older model cables or b stock. He also can order any MIT cable you want at a discounted price, just ask him.
    Living Room setup: Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH, Krell KAV 300i, PS Audio DL III DAC, Tyler Acoustics Taylo 7u, Dynaudio Audience 120C+, SVS 25/31PCI, B-P-T Clean Power Center, Ps3, Panny 50" S1 Plasma, Tekline speaker cables, Audio Art interconnects, and Pangea power cables.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited September 2010
    bopicasso wrote: »
    Most of his listings are for older model cables or b stock.

That's not true.

Just curious, but are the prices that he has listed on this page the price that he is selling the cables for?

Some, yes. The ones marked call for price, no.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Toolfan66
    edited September 2010
    Just think for most of us here we would never have to think about upgrading cables again. I don't see me thinking about upgrading cables for sometime if ever.. I would more then likely add cables not upgrade..
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited September 2010
    Larry,

Are you using just Shotgun IC cables or both Shotgun IC and Shotgun speaker cables in your system?

Greg
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • Janne
    Janne Posts: 139
    edited September 2010
    I felt weak for a moment... Thank God I got this message "The webpage at http://www.equusaudio.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address."
    HT/2 CH
    McIntosh MX120, MC500, MC206, MEN220
    polkaudio SDA SRS 1.2TL, XO, Inductor, Tweeter, Larry's rings, WBT Binding posts, Moretite and Dynamat mod. Built by Mollie Jones 27:th of February 1991, CS350-LS XO mod, LS-f/x, DSW MicroPro 4000
    MIT Shotgun S3.3 Bi-wire SC, Shotgun S3.3 SC, Shotgun S3.3 Proline IC, Shotgun S3.3 IC, Shotgun S3.3 Sub cable, AVT 1 Optical IC, EXP 3 Speaker interconnect.
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2010
    Just think for most of us here we would never have to think about upgrading cables again. I don't see me thinking about upgrading cables for sometime if ever.. I would more then likely add cables not upgrade..

AMEN! Brother!
    headrott wrote: »
    Larry,

Are you using just Shotgun IC cables or both Shotgun IC and Shotgun speaker cables in your system?

Greg

Greg I won't speak for Larry but I have all Shotgun S3 ICs all around but my speaker cable is the MIT MH 750 Shotgun Bi-wire which is an older MIT cable and I'm very happy with it. It's a really great speaker cable but I have to admit, I've been tempted to hunt down a set of Shotgun S3 bi-wire speaker cables but the lack of funds has put the kibosh on that, thank God! Although there's a tiny little voice in the back of head constantly needling me, "are you missing anything not using the S3 speaker cables!" UGH!
  • Toolfan66
    edited September 2010
    Larry,

Greg

I'm using Shotgun S3 IC's and Speaker Cables.

Here are some pics.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104599

• hearingimpared
    edited September 2010

Here are some pics.

Atta guy, rub it in!:p

Wow Larry, I just click that thread . . . how in the hell did I miss that thread!?! Man, I need to get my meds adjusted for sure!:eek::D;)
  • headrott
    edited September 2010

Here are some pics.

I wish you lived closer so I could hear those! All Shotgun S3 is probably phenominal! How much did that cost you for those cables? I am looking to get the same cable set up for the IC's (XLR's).

Greg
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • headrott
    edited September 2010
    Greg I won't speak for Larry but I have all Shotgun S3 ICs all around but my speaker cable is the MIT MH 750 Shotgun Bi-wire which is an older MIT cable and I'm very happy with it. It's a really great speaker cable but I have to admit, I've been tempted to hunt down a set of Shotgun S3 bi-wire speaker cables but the lack of funds has put the kibosh on that, thank God! Although there's a tiny little voice in the back of head constantly needling me, "are you missing anything not using the S3 speaker cables!" UGH!

Wanna send me some to try in my rig Joe?;) I am pretty happy with my Goertz Python speaker cables, but the IC's can probably be upgraded in my rig. Although I have never heard a pair of MIT speaker cables.

Greg
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited September 2010
    I don't see me thinking about upgrading cables for sometime if ever..

Same here. It really amazes me I've had the MIT's for so long with no intention to upgrade.

There is though one thing I think MIT could do better, and that is 0.5 m IC's and also shorter speaker cables.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Toolfan66
    edited September 2010
    I wish you lived closer so I could hear those! All Shotgun S3 is probably phenominal! How much did that cost you for those cables? I am looking to get the same cable set up for the IC's (XLR's).

Greg

$2700 for the whole lot. I'm using two sets of XLR's.
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2010
    Wanna send me some to try in my rig Joe?;) I am pretty happy with my Goertz Python speaker cables, but the IC's can probably be upgraded in my rig. Although I have never heard a pair of MIT speaker cables.

Greg

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Let's see, 350 lb lead shot filled rack, 55 years old with an 80 year old body, um, come on over and if you can move that rack (mind you it is spiked through the carpet to the concrete floor) you can borrow them!:D And no you can't break it down tier by tier!:p

Seriously though, I would but then I would have to put back inferior cabling and that will drive me nuts because I wouldn't be able to listen to the rig!:eek: