Still sounds good,

dan t
dan t Posts: 206
edited December 2003 in 2 Channel Audio
Master bedroom sound. Polk Monitor 5 Series2, Carver CM-1090 Integrated Amp, Carver TX-8 Tuner (1991 purchases) JVC DVD, CDR, MP3 player. Nice!
Still enjoying the sound.

Dan
Post edited by dan t on

Comments

• organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited December 2003
    That's some nice gear you own there. It's always nice to hear about people here enjoying their systems.

Maurice
  • dan t
    edited December 2003
    Thanks Man.

I'm wondering what's going to replace my Carver when it finally quits on me. Not much out there that I like as far as integrated amps. Hopefully that won't be for a while.

Dan
  • dan t
    edited December 2003
    Hi ATC,

I have not auditioned any because I'm not looking to buy yet. I'm of course reading the specs and price's on such products as Denon (80 WPC) for $1200, no thanks. I also researched NAD, and the Rotel RA-1060 Integrated Amplifier. I'm looking for something that will compare to my current Carver CM-1090 Int. Amp. Is there anything out there? 100WPC high end, high current please.

Dan
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2003
    Nice rig. I've heard REAL good things about that Carver tuner.

If the Carver quits, fix it. There are some good int. amps out there, cross that bridge when and if you come to it.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dan t
    edited December 2003
    Thanks Russ, I'll keep that in mind.

Dan
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited December 2003
    A C-1 and a M-200t might be an OK replacement as well. But don't hold your breath dan, Carver made some very tough gear.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • dan t
    edited December 2003
    Hi Tour,

How do you like your Sunfire Amp or amp's?

Are they listed or classified as high current like the old Carvers?

Dan
  • Tour2ma
    edited December 2003
    Like them a lot... I thnk 75 amperes per ch qualifies as high current... :D
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • dan t
    edited December 2003
    Nice! What model do you have? Might be a nice purchase for those LSi15's I've been eyeballin ;)

Dan
  • Tour2ma
    edited December 2003
    dan,
    I'm running the original Signiture Cinema Grand. Very stout 5 ch amp to say the least.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2003
    Nice rig you have there Dan, VERY nice.

Always good to hear from another Carver fan. Let the naysayers pay more and get less.

Every so often you see the 1090's come up on audiogon and ebay and so forth however, as Tour suggested, for probably not much more you can put together a separates rig if you keep your eye out. Like the man said, don't hold your breath though, your gear will probably outlast you.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited December 2003
    Isn't it funny how some of us enjoyed our music more when we had just the basics. I remember my first serious audio system, I was about 16 and had a Pioneer SX-780 receiver, Pioneer CT-F500 cassette deck and Pioneer HPM-40 speakers---man I loved that system.

I recent years, my system was getting so "revealing" I couldn't stand it. Sure, it sounded fantastic when you had great source material such as audiophile quality recordings, but my "everyday" CD's were harsh and lifeless. So I started going in reverse, back to basics. Got rid of my bi-wire cables and bought 1 set of really nice cables; ditched my second amp and went with a single amp; and bought a less "sterile" CD Player---Know what? I love my system again. Now I'm back to listening to the music, not the equipment...

There's a lesson in there somewhere....
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • dan t
    edited December 2003
    I guess it's all about experimentation.

Dan