No Bass

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited February 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
I am running 2 12" polk momo's with the eclipse 1100 watt amp set to low pass with subsonic filter, and i am not hitting hard at all it sounds like my subs are just farting or something??? i am running 1/0 guage wire with an ohio generator 200 amp alternator helping to pump out the power...the reason why i am running knott guage is becuase in a week or 2 when my box is done i will have 4 12" polk momo's with 2 of the 1100watt amps. can anyone tell me why i am not hitting hard at all??? please i miss my bass

Lee
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• timmy p
    timmy p Posts: 1
    edited February 2002
    dear chefboyrlee,
    i bet you have the subs in a common encloser? did i spell that right? if so look at your polarity of the subs. if one is off { or even not} try reversing the polarity. that might help.
    p.s. thos subs i think require only .75 cubic ft, make sure youre box {or boxes} isnt too big:D
    timothy j pennino
  • chefboyrlee
    chefboyrlee Posts: 7
    edited February 2002
    yeah that would make sense ut i had 2 polk/momo's in my last car and i am just trying to use this enclosure until i get my box built for the other 2 momo's that are sitting in my room
  • phd500
    phd500 Posts: 75
    edited February 2002
    Maybe your infrisonic filtere is set to high, set it to about 15Hz, maybe this will help. Maybe your subs arn't broke in good enouf yet. That can help your bass out. Could you e-mail me when you get all four subs hooked up. I am thinking about getting close to the same setup, except I will be using 2 JBL Bp 1,200 watt amps.
    My e-mail address
    dmkd39@juno.com thanks allot