Infinity I.D. please.

Options
JDOGG
JDOGG Posts: 433
edited December 2003 in Speakers
Does anyone know about the infinity Studio Monitor 100's? I have a pair and it looks to have Polycell tweeter and a 10" sub. Also it has a high frequency dial. Sorry i don't have a digital camera though.
Panasonic VIERA 46" 1080p plasma
Onkyo TX-SR805
Klipsch RF-7(bi-amped)
Klipsch RF-25
Xbox 360 with HD DVD
Playstation 3
Cobalt Cable
Post edited by JDOGG on

Comments

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited December 2003
    Options
    The Infinity "SM" series I think were like circa 1988-89'ish? I believe an Army buddy of mine had a pair when I was stationed in Germany. At the same time I had....sighhhhhh....AR 9Lsi's...a speaker I will miss dearly.

I think my friend had the "SM-150"

The "SM" series were an affordable alternative to the RS line of Infinitys.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited December 2003
    Options
    When my brother was in the Military he picked up apair if SM-120's in 1989. They were not very impressive and he blew the 12" driver twice and the speakers were underpowered according to thier ratings.
  • xfontanax
    xfontanax Posts: 82
    edited December 2003
    Options
    I had a pair of SM-112s that I bought in 1989. I paid $350 for the pair back then. 3-way with 10"woofer and poly-cell tweeter. From what I remembered, it had poor bass response for the size. In fact, When I got my first polks, I noticed a huge difference in the bass. And that was an RT-35. The Infinitys fell victim to foam rot in 1999.