diff between rt55 and 55i?

Options
ohskigod
ohskigod Posts: 6,502
edited December 2003 in Speakers
is there a difference between the rt55 and the rt55i besides the color of the driver cone? just curious. i have the rt55, not the 55i
Living Room 2 Channel -
Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
Post edited by ohskigod on

Comments

• TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited December 2003
    Options
    tweeters I have been told are similar..but not the same...and better xover? other then that
    I have the 55i's
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Eh... I don't know. I think the tweeters are the same but the midwoofers are slightly different. Different cone composition maybe?

The only difference that I might consider to be significant is that the 55i finish is real wood, whereas the RT55's have a vinyl finish. I seriously doubt that I would be able to hear any difference in the two. I have some 55i's and I like them alot.

Jason