reccomendation

Options
neomagus00
neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
edited December 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
i'm planning for the future again (what you have is just never enough, is it?) and i'm looking for subs now. i'm not real sure how much power i need, and i know it depends on what sub(s) i pick. here's how it stands - i am definately going with 10's, cause thats what fits in my trunk. my car is as solid as a rock (saab 9-3) so it'll need some power to balance the mm6's i've got up front. i like the look of two drivers, but i can work with one if that gives me better sq. it'll definately go in a sealed box, which requires more power. in all, what are your reccommendations for about 1000 watts of high-quality bass (both amps and subs, cost isn't an issue at the moment, i'll ask to downgrade if it's ridiculously out of my price range). or, is 1000 watts too much or too little? thanx for the help.
It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
Post edited by neomagus00 on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited December 2003
    Options
    this sub
    http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/IDSIDMAX10V3D4
    ID max 10"
    1000 watts rms
    amazing subs
    -Cody
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited December 2003
    Options
    the ID sub is $300
    the Zapco amp is $980
    this will be one awesome set up
    if i could redo my system, i would do this, but maybe with the 12 instead of the 10
    i figured, since youre going with one sub, you could get the zapco since itll save you on not having to buy 2 subs
    but there are many more amps out there if you need one cheaper
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    edited December 2003
    Options
    do you have links to info about this stuff? cause online dealers tend to say its great, but i can't find an idmax 10 on their site, and zapco won't give up any detailed info on the amp. from what i have found, however, this seems to be a good reccommendation.

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited December 2003
    Options
    i looked at the ID site and didnt see anything either cept for the 12" stuff
    specs are going to be similar, when im not busy later today ill look it up for you, or try to
    -Cody
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by neomagus00
    do you have links to info about this stuff? cause online dealers tend to say its great, but i can't find an idmax 10 on their site, and zapco won't give up any detailed info on the amp. from what i have found, however, this seems to be a good reccommendation.

I can't get a direct link, but go to www.zapco.com ,products, competition, C2K, etc...
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited December 2003
    Options
    I don't think the ID MAX's come in a size 10. I think it's 12's only.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Jstas
    I don't think the ID MAX's come in a size 10. I think it's 12's only.
    the sounddomain link i posted above, has a link to an ID Max thats 10"
    -Cody
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Yeah, I did some searching and found out. I just remembered something about teh ID MAX only being 12's and I don't ever recall seeing a 10 before today.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited December 2003
    Options
    www.zapco.com
    then
    PRODUCTS
    COMPETITION
    C2K SERIES
    C2K-6.0X
    i did a quick search of Image Dynamics ID MAX 10 v.3 D4 but came up with nothing
    call ID, other than that, im sure the specs are pretty much similar b/t the 10 and 12
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    edited December 2003
    Options
    thanx; running off the assumption that the ten doesn't actually exist, what would you reccommend next? and do you think that it would balance well with my mm6's?

• MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Personally i love the sound that the diamond audio TDX's reproduce. the 10's have a power handling of 800wrms so here's two possibalities

1 TDX 10 with dual 2 ohm VC's running off of a US Amps US-1000x for 1000w at 4 ohms.

2 TDX 10's with dual 4 ohm VC's running off of a US-2000x for 2000w at 4 ohms.

Either of these will give you incredible sound quality

the TDX subs retail for about 400 i believe and can be had for 319 from www.speedsound.com they can't sell them from their website due to restrictions from diamond audio but they can ship them from their storefront so you have to email them to set it up and get exact price.
    the same website has the US amps as well, the 2000x is about a grand and the 1000x for about 600. they're better buisness listed so i trust them.

for exact specs on subs and amps...
    www.diamondaudio.com
    www.usamps.com

these are probably my two favorite car audio brands ;D
    and as i said the TDX's produce a very clear warm sound :D and they're pretty damn loud too. their 12 had the best sound room performance i've ever heard and it's not easy to sound all that great in a sound room
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.