Upgrade or not...

Options
Grimster74
Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
edited December 2003 in Speakers
I'm currently running the FXi30's as my sides and the RTi28's for my rears. In your honest opinions, would it be worth $550 bucks to upgrade to the FXi50's and the RTi38's, plus the free PSW202 subwoofer from Crutchfield. If not a problem I would really like to hear from you guys sometime tonight because I'm thinking of ordering tonight.
Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
Post edited by Grimster74 on

Comments

• gatemplin
    gatemplin Posts: 1,595
    edited December 2003
    Options
    No, not IMO. I think this is a case of the upgrade bug. The speakers you have now fine and you know it. I think you are enticed by the free sub offer. You have an SVS Ron, it will eat the 202. Haven't you seen the animation?
    Graham
  • Grimster74
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Could not agree more gatemplin, I was thinking along the lines of either selling the 202 or putting it upstairs for a small 2 channel setup.
  • gatemplin
    gatemplin Posts: 1,595
    edited December 2003
    Options
    There will not be a $550 dollar improvement by upgrading your surrounds IMO. If you want a sub for the 2 channel rig you know what $550 can buy.
    Graham
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Check out my post here.

Scroll to the bottom for the last picture.

I've got $497 total in that rig: cables, amps, sources - EVERYTHING (yes, even shipping on some items).

I guess what I'm trying to suggest, especially if you are thinking about a DECENT 2ch rig - your monies are better spent elsewhere.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Grimster74
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Keep in mind also that I just purchased a SACD Player. So the upgrade would be just for surround purpases, it would also be for multi-channel music.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Grimster - Save your money. You have a very fine setup, don't get nutty :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.