Just bagged the one that put Polk Audio 'on the map'...

Options
RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited December 2003 in Speakers
For your viewing, and my listening pleasure, I present 1 pair of Polk Audio Model 7a. Mint mint mint - with the ORIGINAL Polk stands.

Ahh, happy times...
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Fully clothed....

I'll get a better nude shot, looks a tad blurry...
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Driver detail....
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Nice speakers Russ. What year was it made?

Just one question for you. Where the fu#k do you find all your vintage stuff cheap and in MINT condition?????

Maurice
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Nice speakers homeslice. :D

Russ walks into pawn shops like a Polk Pimp....platform shoes, fur coat....Dolomite theme starts playing in the background ....."Where the Polks at ****!"
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2003
    Options
    I got them from the original owner, who said he purchased them when he lived in Baltimore in Sept 77'.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,851
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Very nice....very nice!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 905
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Dang son - no fair, I never find mint stuff.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2003
    Options
    nice going RussMan. those do look mint for their age.. you lucky SOB! ;)

i never ever find anything in pawn shops other than worthless no good haggered speakers no one wants. I've never lucked into anything good at a pawn shop. and i guess we have the most pawn shops per capita. :eek:
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2003
    Options
    WOW!

COOL find. Friend of mine has a pair of the 7C's that prompted my interest in Polk.

Jeeze, Russ, how many pairs of Polks you got now??

Pawn shops, at least around here, aren't where the finds are. Goodwill, Salvation Army, consignment shops and thrift stores. that's where I look.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2003
    Options
    I wouldn't consider myself a Polk-**** yet...

M2's in the garage rig
    M6s2 sub in Brandy's office
    Atrium 45 rears in HT
    RT7's in one living area
    RTA 15tl's in a 2ch rig
    SDA SRS 2's in the cave
    SDA CRS+ disconnected in the cave
    Model 7a's, whereabouts to be determined

I tell you though, these 7a's pull a VERY close second to my SRS, as far as being my favorite. The more I hear, the more I like. These even still have the 'paper' stapled to the rear of each showing model 7, serial, and a hand written 'inspected by'.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Not a polk **** yet? Your gettin there my man. hehe
    Nice bag on those russ, I have mine on the garage system and love having them out there. By the way, you've got mail.

Cheers,
    Mike
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited December 2003
    Options
    They look real sweet. The stands are an imperative bonus. Great snag.

Did the previous owner have a crush on the surrounds or what?:D
    Make it Funky! :)
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2003
    Options
    No, but I've rubbed my dingus on the passive radiators a couple times already. I like to 'get to know' my gear.
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Kinda like marking your territory. I can respect that.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    I wouldn't consider myself a Polk-**** yet...

No, but I've rubbed my dingus on the passive radiators a couple times already. I like to 'get to know' my gear.

Russ, it seems we've got some conflicting statements here. Admitting it is the first step! :D
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Congrats Russ... I look forward to hearing these at TPG-II.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Initial listening impression so far is wonderful. Actually, this tweeter has a very unique sound, a 'live' sound if you will.

I'm at loss for words, you really need to hear them yourself (and you will), but the guitar strings have a 'metallic' edge to them, I can hear them vibrate if that makes sense. It's sounds 'real'.

I'm sure they had their reasons, but this tweeter (to me) is MUCH better than it's SL2000 replacement in later Monitor series, I have no idea why Polk made the change.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited December 2003
    Options
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

could be the answer.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2003
    Options
    I'm sure you are correct sir, 100%.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN

Geez Russ, don't you know what a port is for?
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2003
    Options
    That's the problem there bud. No ports on a passive radiator design, that, and ports don't make my pants go crazy like a sealed speaker...
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Sounds like a "virgin fantasy" to me....
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2003
    Options
    The Model 7a's have hit their final resting spot.

Rig as follows:
    2 Rotel RB960bx Amps Bridged Mono (160wpc)
    Adcom SLC-505 Passive Preamp
    NAD 502 Cd Player
    ADC 16/2 Cd Player
    MIT Terminator 5 Speaker Cables
    Tributaries Delta Interconnects

Cheers,
    Russ
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic! I have no ther words to gush.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.