why CSi40

Options
Buster
Buster Posts: 11
edited December 2003 in Speakers
why do i see a lot of people useing CSi40 center speaker. r they really that good. is that center better then newer models. i also see a lot of CSi100 too.

Also Wardsweb nice system u have there. what kind r those in the big wood frames.
Post edited by Buster on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited December 2003
    Options
    The CS400i, CSi40 and CSi5 are very related. The tweeters in each model are the main difference, then perhaps aestetics and cabinet design. They are the most robust of the three lines. The larger models tend to sound better than their smaller brothers. Bass response is improved, and depth is a word used fairly often to describe their sound.

The obvious exception would be the CS1000P which is relevant to these lines also. It is a monster.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • sully5604
    sully5604 Posts: 32
    edited December 2003
    Options
    When I chose my center I not only wanted to match the tweeter, but also the mid/woofer. The CSi40 uses the same 6 1/2" driver as the RTi70s which I use for my mains. I used the same logic when I chose my surrounds...FXi50s. Not sure if it would have made much of a difference, but they all blend extremely well. And now that I am using my system for multi-channel music, I'm glad I went that route.

My CSi40 does sound great, but I really can't comment on the difference over the 30 or the new CSi5 (good or bad.)
    HT System
    Mains: RTi70 bi-wired
    Center: CSi40 bi-wired
    Surround: FXi50
    SVS 20-39PC+
    Denon 3803
    Denon 2200

2 Channel system
    LSi15
    Adcom GFP 565(Pre)
    Adcom 5400