Polk Audio LSi series vs. Rockets...

Options
Bluescale
Bluescale Posts: 3
edited November 2003 in Speakers
I was wondering if anyone on this board has had a chance to listen to Rocket loudspeakers by Onix, or if anyone has read any comparisons with the LSi line. In the next few months I hope to make a purchase, and I'm looking at the LSi15s vs. Rocket RS750s. However I'm going to have my work cut out if I want to audition either set. The nearest LSi dealer is 70 miles away. Since the Rockets sold internet only, I either have to order them and then return them if I don't like the sound (and swallow shipping), or travel about 100 miles to the home of the closest Rocket owner I've been able to find.

I have a 50/50 interest in HT and music. My wife's interests are 25/75. The floor will be acid stained concrete. Currently I have a Yamaha receiver, but I'll need to upgrade that to do either set of speakers justice. Chances are, the reciever will have to last me at least 6 months after I purchase the speakers.

Any suggestions would be great. Also, if anyone has anything other than *glowing* reviews of the Rockets or the Polks, I'd like to read them. I'm starting to realize that most online product reviews are very positive. It's hard to believe that every speaker I read about is the best speaker you'll find at that price point, especially since many of them are at the same price point.

Regards
Post edited by Bluescale on

Comments