Onkyo TXSR701 possibly for sale...

KeithV
KeithV Posts: 107
edited November 2003 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I want to move my 701 to make room for some more stereo oriented stuff. I'm just wondering how much I could get for it.

It's only about 2 months old, light light use, in mint shape, have box and all accessories.

Will take pics if anyone requests :)
Post edited by KeithV on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited November 2003
    The Bluebook is $425.00, hope that helps.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• KeithV
    edited November 2003
    Originally posted by F1nut
    The Bluebook is $425.00, hope that helps.

It's $799 retail.

Thats lower than manufacturer cost, no way in hell a near new one would go for that cheap.
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited November 2003
    So I guess that means you're gonna keep it or go to E-bay?
    Make it Funky! :)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited November 2003
    He asked, I looked it up and that's the suggested used retail price. While it's not engraved in stone, it's probably close to what can be gotten for it. Welcome to the wonderful world of electronics.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• KeithV
    edited November 2003
    Originally posted by F1nut
    He asked, I looked it up and that's the suggested used retail price. While it's not engraved in stone, it's probably close to what can be gotten for it. Welcome to the wonderful world of electronics.

I just know that it seems way to cheap.

However I only want like $500.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited November 2003
    People think that when you drive a car off the lot, it is the height of depreciation. Not true.

Welcome to the world of used electronics prices, where depreciation just doesn't get any worse. Unless of course, you only paid $50 for the 701 when it was new, like I did with the one in my daughters bedroom.

Somebody's going to have to be really in love with your USED receiver for you to get $500 for it.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited November 2003
    Put it on ebay. I finally sold my Pioneer Elite receiver for what I was asking plus shipping. It took awhile but it did sell. Set your reserve at the absolute lowest price your willing to accept and see what happens. You might have to relist it a couple of times, so be patient.

Good luck, I hope you get what you want for it.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited November 2003
    Originally posted by George Grand
    People think that when you drive a car off the lot, it is the height of depreciation. Not true.
    Welcome to the world of used electronics prices, where depreciation just doesn't get any worse. Unless of course, you only paid $50 for the 701 when it was new, like I did with the one in my daughters bedroom.
    Somebody's going to have to be really in love with your USED receiver for you to get $500 for it.
    George is right on the money Keith. Thier are 6 of them on Ebay right now brand new for $600 + shipping. Giving someone a good deal would be about $400.....
    Think you that bad I paid around $15,000 for my reference HomeTheater --- NOW I can buy the exact same setup around $7000 new...... NICE:mad:
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2003
    sold my PSW350 on Ebay for $215 not bad.

I think if I found out the bluebook on my 4 yr old receiver. i'd prob cry. ha ha ha.

I"m sure it's bb price is around $125 by now. ugh.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • glemay
    glemay Posts: 574
    edited November 2003
    Where do you guys get this information about a products suggested used retail price? Bluebook? I am curious to find out the average price of a few pieces of equipement I've seen.
    Main System:
    Denon AVR-2805, Polk Audio RTi70's, Polk Audio CSi40, Polk Audio FXi50, Paradigm PW-2200 v.2, Toshiba 42XV545U HDTV

Second System:
    Denon AVR-1705, Polk Audio R40, Polk Audio CS245i, Polk Audio R15, Paradigm PS-1200a
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited November 2003
    It's called the Orion Audio Blue Book. It's expensive, and hard to get up to date. Most individuals have ones that are a couple years old, purchased from audio stores or pawn shops. I think last week there was unlimited access ONLINE to the blue book, but that appears to have ended. It's $4 a pop to get a quote online now.

Post the equipment here and somebody will help you out. Maybe even me. Maybe not.

• glemay
    edited November 2003
    George Grand,

I'm trying to find out what a Sound Dynamics THS-3000 is going for these days. It would be very helpful if anyone could chime in.

Thanks
    Main System:
    Denon AVR-2805, Polk Audio RTi70's, Polk Audio CSi40, Polk Audio FXi50, Paradigm PW-2200 v.2, Toshiba 42XV545U HDTV

Second System:
    Denon AVR-1705, Polk Audio R40, Polk Audio CS245i, Polk Audio R15, Paradigm PS-1200a
  • scottvamp
    edited November 2003
    A 100 watt 12" sub. MSRP $600 Depending how old and condition I would say about $200 ish.
  • glemay
    edited November 2003
    The THS-3000 is a 97. Its exterior has a few marks on it but works fine.
    Main System:

Second System:
  • glemay
    edited November 2003
    What do you think? Is that $600 US and $200 US or are those canadian?
    Main System:

Second System:
  • scottvamp
    edited November 2003
    Six years old - maybe $100/150 US - I have no idea what Canadian would be???????
    Is thier some audio to Canadian currentcy formula!!!!!!! :confused:
    I have a 5 year old 10" Boston Acoustic sub that I paid $700 for and recently replaced the driver - I personaly love the sound and would not let it go for under $300 US. So it all depends......
  • glemay
    edited November 2003
    Thanks scottvamp, I apreciate your opinion. I guess I did pretty well on that sub since I sold it to my friend for approx. $200 US.
    Main System:

Second System:
  • scottvamp
    edited November 2003
    Good deal Glemay!!!!!!!!!