Help!

Gabrielmutu
Gabrielmutu Posts: 7
edited November 2003 in 2 Channel Audio
I bought two loud speakers one year ago produced by PolkAudio company, but they are very different from the classic loud speakers!
Every loud speaker is equiped with a loudspeaker passive bass, 8 medium loudspeakers and 4 drivers for high frequency.
Also on the front part of the loud speaker is assembled a crossover caled "ISOPHASE CROSSOVER SYSTEM - SDA Signature Reference System".
The loud speakers are signed by engineer who manufactured them ( I wasn't able to understand all this name - on the loud speaker box is writes something like... M...&Polk).
At the same time an the front part ao the loud speakers is mentioned the following text "Stereo Dimensional Array".
The sound of the loud speakers is very special, is pure, is incredible!

I would greatly appreciate if you could send me technical instructions for thease loud speakers!

Thanks!
Post edited by Gabrielmutu on

Comments

• Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited November 2003
    Polk Audio SDA-SRS, designed by the man himself (Matthew Polk). great speakers, highly sought after around here. Send Kenneth Swauger (Polk Customer Service) a private message and I'm sure he'll be able to help. On the top of this page is a button marked "Home", click on it and look for Ken's name in the moderator field on the right side of the page.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited November 2003
    That is a great speaker. They could also be SDA SRS 1.2 or SRS 1.2TL....what kind of black interconnect cable is running between them? blade/blade or a pin/blade.

OR what numbers are stenciled on the mid-bass drivers, near the edge of the surround? 6503 and/or 6511??

OR simply pull a tweeter, and look at the model number on the back. SL2000 or SL3000??

SL3000/6503/6511 = SDA SRS 1.2TL
    SL2000/6503/6511 = SDA SRS 1.2
    SL2000/6503 = SDA SRS

You would do best to email Ken, kswauger@polkaudio.com . I am not sure he actually uses the PM feature. Or maybe he is just ignoring me? :D
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Gabrielmutu
    edited November 2003
    The interconnect cable is pin/blade!
    Loudspeaker have 8 speakers for low-medium and 4 (tweeters) speakers for hi!
  • Gabrielmutu
    edited November 2003
    Originally posted by Gabrielmutu
    The interconnect cable is pin/blade!
    Loudspeaker have 8 speakers for low-medium and 4 (tweeters) speakers for hi!
  • Olanen
    Olanen Posts: 45
    edited November 2003
    Gabrielmutu,
    Do you live in Romania?

BTW, Welcome to Polk Audio forum. We will be happy if you will attach a pictures of your SRS's.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited November 2003
    We realize what the driver configuration is, but thanks for the picture!

OK, well without you pulling the tweeter out, or one of the four "Hi" components, you have managed to narrow it down to the SDA SRS 1.2 and SDA SRS 1.2TL!

CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.