Vinyl, I missed you.

Options
dcarlson
dcarlson Posts: 1,740
edited November 2003 in 2 Channel Audio
For the last month +, I've been auditioning power cords for my cd player and I moved back into an apartment again Nov. 1st. The thing is I packed up my Turntable and vinyl and finally got around to hooking it back up yesterday.

I hadn't listened to vinyl for well over a month and boy, did I forget how much I like vinyl.

I just wanted to say that. :)
SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
Post edited by dcarlson on

Comments

• Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 903
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Gotta love vinyl - I run a Rega Planar 3 with my vintage tube HK500 and JBL corner horns. Sweet and Smooth.
  • Loud & Clear
    Loud & Clear Posts: 1,538
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Ward - wanted to say that I love the equipment you've managed to acquire. Very nice.

Two Channel Setup:

Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 2-3
    Integrated Amp: Krell S-300i
    DAC: Arcam irDac
    Source: iMac
    Remote Control: iPad Mini

3.2 Home Theater Setup:

Fronts: Klipsch RP-160M
    Center: Klipsch RP-160M
    Subwoofer: SVS PB12NSD (X 2)
    AVR: Yamaha Aventage RX-A2030
    Blu Ray: Sony BDP-S790
    TV Source: DirecTV Genie
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Ahhh, this reminds me to bring all my vinyl to the Texas Polk Shootout.:)
  • dcarlson
    edited November 2003
    Options
    I wish I could go. :(

I'd love to get a listen to some SDA's. Even better, vinyl on SDA's.

I moved from a house with a very cramped livingroom, the livingroom in my new place is a decent size and I can spread out my speakers and have plenty of room from the side walls. It's nice to have a much wider soundstage than before. The only problem is footfall is pretty bad for my TT. I'll have to get around to wall mounting a shelf for my TT.

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited November 2003
    Options
    I am very motivated to get into the TT/vinyl genre. I have always liked the "warm" sound of vinyl. If I didn't have 3 million other things to do first, it would be a priority, :D Nice to hear about your experience DCarlson.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dcarlson
    edited November 2003
    Options
    I feel the same way about tubes. There's just other upgrades I want to do first, a TT is one of them. :)