FXi5 vs. FXi3

Options
RVJII
RVJII Posts: 167
edited November 2003 in Speakers
I just got my FXi3's (white) and before I unbox them and mount them to the walls I wanted to run this past you all.

I've got the RTi12's and CSi5 and should use the FXi5's. Thing is that they only come in black and I really don't want 14" black speakers on my wall. Hence the reason that I ordered the 3's. The difference is essentially a 5.25" driver rather than a 6.5" one. As only around 15% of HT audio comes from the surrounds I don't see this as being a huge issue. However, I am still a bit new to this and wanted to get a few opinions.
A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...
Post edited by RVJII on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited November 2003
    Options
    You will be fine with that choice for your surrounds. Aesthetics are always an important factor in purchase. There is the same non-issue with using FXi30's over FXi50's....no problems.

I vote, mount asap, so you can listen asap. :D
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Fireman99
    Fireman99 Posts: 129
    edited November 2003
    Options
    I was looking for a set of 50's (now 5) and got a set of 30's (now 3's) cosmetics is a very important factor as you stated to yourself and the wife factor as well. I say Hang em up throw in your fav movie , sit back and and enjoy!
    Dan
    Recever AVR 8000
    Amp PA 4000
    CDR 26
    Mains RTI 150 Bi wired
    Center CSI 40 Bi wired
    Surround FXI 30
    Rear RTI 4
    Sub PSW 140