alpine mrp-m350

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited November 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
ok i was lookin after you guys got me to understand about the rockford amp.i wanna ask this just to make sure im thinkin right.the alpine mono v power amp puts out 200 watt at 4ohm and at 2 ohm its 350 so if i hook 2 4ohm subs and wire them parallel it will cut the 350 in half so it will be 175 right to both of em?just weird couse the rockford amp is 175 at 4ohm and the alpine is 200 at 4 ohm.
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited November 2003
    Options
    some amps double their power into 2 ohms versus 4 --- (like 175 @ 4 and 350 @2)

other amps may only do one and a half times at 2 ohms -- (like 200 at 4 ohms and 300 at 2 ohms)

other amps may do some other percentage like 1.75 times or 1.25 times... or whatever....

it all depends how the amp is designed.

so just keep your eye on the specs and on what people who've used the amp(s) before can tell u is the actual power.

if u find out enough information on a specific amp then its never asmuch of a guessing game as it might seem to you right now :)
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited November 2003
    Options
    it all depends on the circuitry, and theres standard way of rating how many watts an amp puts out
    but to your question, the answer is yes
    -Cody
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited November 2003
    Options
    cool thx guys i think im goin to go with the alpine
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing