2003 G35 Sedan .. MM2124 Box Help!

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited November 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
Hello i have a 2003 Infiniti g35 with an extremely small trunk! i want to put these 12's in my trunk with a custom box, does anyone have any lessons or something that will guide me threw this process? any help will be greatly appreciated
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited November 2003
    Options
    well for a first timer all i can really suggest is this...

1- measure out the room you have... and then figure you can only use 90% of it (this is to make sure that if you do fk up a little bit and make it a hair too big that it'll still fit... i built a box / amp rack for my girlfriend's car and because it make it EXACTLY to the size she had, i ended up having to trim off an inch in the back.)

2- design the SIMPLEST box that'll satisfy the subwoofer(s) needs while still fitting in your ride... keep it simple, you can always build some elaborate box once you have successfully built a simple one... hell its only another 16 bucks in wood and 5 bucks in caulk / screws to build another one at a later date... and then you can take chances with the 2nd one cuz you already have one that works well in case u fk **** up.

3- use 3/4" birch plywood -- yes its 35 dollars for a 4x8 sheet, but you know what -- it beats the living crap out of 3/4" mdf (at 16 bucks a sheet). if you feel you can do a decent job the first time around, u might wanna take the chance on the better wood... Jstas told me this a while ago, and i didn't believe him till i actually started working with the stuff... but honestly once you go to cabinet grade plywood you'll never go back.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited November 2003
    Options
    yeah well i work at circuit city road shop here, and there are a few guys who have some experence with making their own boxes, anyway thank you for the info!
    -Joe
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing