Just got my LSiC

Options
kibro2
kibro2 Posts: 65
edited November 2003 in Speakers
Just wondering if it is just me or is the LSiC speaker look puny compared to the CSi40? I just got my LSiC from Crutchfield today and I am kinda disappointed with the size. I was expecting more. I hope its sound quality is not representative of its size. I swear it looks almost like a CSi30 sans the finish.

I used to own RTi's with the CSi40 and I remember the CSi40 being heavier and bigger...

I thought LSi's are supposed to be the top dog for Polks. Neways, just wondering...
Post edited by kibro2 on

Comments

• Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Hook it up, calibrate, Play some of your favorite demo maerial.

Report back and feel free to use any of the following;

....sounds like a much bigger center speaker....

...Dialogue was well placed within the sound stage.....

...multi-channel music sounds even better....

....great speaker, even though it only has 1 nipple...

etc, etc.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • kibro2
    edited November 2003
    Options
    hah! I like the nipple part already. Now that you have pointed that out, I am pretty sure that this will be an awesome speaker :)

I am in the process of calibrating the suckers with my Avia DVD... we'll see how it goes. I'll let you know what happens.

Hey FrankZ, I noticed on one of your posts that you have the LSi's, when you got your LSiC, did it come with rubber feet? Mine didn't.

Thanks,
    kibro
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited November 2003
    Options
    have you checked the plastic bag that has the manual? it came in one detachable rubber sheet with adhesive back.

I love my LSiC, once calibrated, it blends really well with the rest of LSis. Have fun!
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited November 2003
    Options
    your feet are in the bag.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • kibro2
    edited November 2003
    Options
    I am afraid not. I can't find it anywhere. What's odd is, the bag is sealed and no rubber feet. That is where I was expecting em to be coz my CSi40 had the rubber feet with the manual and warranty card.

Hmmm... interesting. I might call polk then to send me a set of rubber feet :) Or go to fry's tomorrow and get a set of 16 for $2.49.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited November 2003
    Options
    The LSiC rocks. I would like a bigger version...cuz why not? Lol!

But even though it is a lot smaller than the CSi40/CSi5, it just has that extra level of detail. One thing to keep in mind is that it will sound like poo if it's being run by a receiver that sounds like poo!
  • kibro2
    edited November 2003
    Options
    You are definitely right. I am shopping for a separate amp right now to power the LSi's... Just need to postpone it til next month. I've got a lot of gears to sell and I just spent an arm and a leg for the LSi's.... :D

Your speaker set up is impressive fireshoes. How do you like the towers as rear speakers?

I had towers for surround as my initial set up (RTi100/RTi70), but I read the pro's and cons from this board and the rest is history...

I can definitely tell the detail is more crisp on the LSi across the board, even my girlfriend who is not into the whole hometheater concept, noticed it. Anyways, I have a Sony DB receiver but it is dated though so that is probably constricting the LSi's for now.