the next step?

Options
wodom1
wodom1 Posts: 1,054
edited November 2003 in Speakers
I'm picking up a 27" Sony Wega tomorrow and want some advice on what should be my next step in the evolution of a home theatre? Right now I currently have: Denon 1801 AVR, Denon DTR-60 (I think) 5-disc CD player, Sony DVD player w/ DTS, an old Sony turntable and some old Sony tower speakers. The turntable and speakers were for my parents and were purchased sometime in the early to mid 80's. What should I look into next, speaker-wise? Should I get a good center channel, surrounds, or replace my mains with some RTi70's? I plan on having all Polk by the time I'm done, though I don't need a sub right now since I live in a studio apt. Any suggestions? I'm thinking center-channel, but if there's a better path, feel free to lead me to it. Thanks guys for any/all suggestions or comments.

-Josh :)
"I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
Polk Audio LSiC
Polk Audio FXi30
Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
Sony Playstation 3
Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
Rotel 985 MK II
Rotel 1072 CDP
Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
Post edited by wodom1 on

Comments

• hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited November 2003
    Options
    I think a center channel would be a good choice, might as well get mis to upper model from Polk if your thinking the 70's are going to be your mains
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • Fireman99
    Fireman99 Posts: 129
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Good center would be the next step IMO most of your HT sound comes from the center.
    Dan
    Recever AVR 8000
    Amp PA 4000
    CDR 26
    Mains RTI 150 Bi wired
    Center CSI 40 Bi wired
    Surround FXI 30
    Rear RTI 4
    Sub PSW 140
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited November 2003
    Options
    if "new" 70's are desired better get after them post haste... no?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • scornful
    scornful Posts: 272
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Good point Tour.... if you really want these and can afford it right now, jump on them! CC here in GA still has 70's for $230 or so a piece, fxi's being nearly impossible to find in any CC. You can also pick up decent deals from Crutchfield with the $200 dollar credit instead of the free sub....
    Denon 3802
    B&K 7270
    Outlaw ICBM
    Behringer DSP1124P
    Samson S1000
    SVS 20-39CS+ (x2)
    RTi150's
    CSi40
    FXi30's
    RTi38's
    Win Vista HTPC
    InFocus 4805 ~100" Screen