2»

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited November 2003
    MM,

That would have been "THE" maker. ;)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited November 2003
    gidrah,
    Check your PM. Sorry dude, I check my PM like twice a year. Thanks for the link but I don't have enough ca$h right now. Those are nice speakers. It's also impossible for me to have something that big shipped because my dad doesn't know I'm getting new speakers. I'll have to use organ's secret stealth mode to get the klipsch in the house:D.

cmy,
    I'd also like to know what source, receiver or seperates the klipsch were hooked up to. Horns are suppose to be the most unforgiving speakers when it comes to gear mating and I always hear that horns and ss equipment is a no-no. I'm going to demo the speakers when I have the money so that if I like them I can purchase them on the same day.

Maurice
  • dcarlson
    dcarlson Posts: 1,740
    edited November 2003
    Maurice, just a question. Does your NAD CDP have a removable power cord?
    SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • organ
    edited November 2003
    Derick,
    No:(, only the ASL has a removable power cord. If I want to replace the one on the NAD, I'll have to strip the cord and solder.

Maurice
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited November 2003
    Organ,

I have heard them with all kinds of different A/V receivers. Such as Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, Harman Kardon, etc...I have also played them on some Adcom stuff. Mostly the GTP-506 Pre with the GFA-5500 amp. (200wpc@8ohm). As you might expect the bass improved by sending them more power, but still seemed muddy, and no matter what I tryed I could not get the mid-range and highs anywhere near where I liked it.

I do have to admit though that I have never listened to them with any tube equip. I know tubes can have a pretty different sound, but I can not imagine that it would be different enough to completely change what I heard. But I guess I won't know 'til I try, and I will try if I get the chance.

Well once again I'm not trying to belittle you or your taste. I'm just stating what I have experienced. If you try them out and like them than that's great, happy listening! But I quite honestly could get more enjoyment from listening to the R series polks than I could from RF-7's. I guess maybe it is just my ears playing tricks on me.

Later.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • dcarlson
    edited November 2003
    Ya, that sucks. I payed for the Cardas Cross for my Integrated last night $300 taxes in, not toooo bad. I'm still looking for a power cord for my Rotel CDP. I returned the Cardas Quadlink and am trying an XLO Ref type 10a. I found the Quadlink was from low to the upper midrange only not quite up to snuff on the highs. Now, the XLO is the total opposite, no bass but good everywhere else. My Signal Cable Power cord deos a pretty decent job overall on the CDP but on the Integrated it's a total bust.

The search continues... I might get another Cross.

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • F1nut
    edited November 2003
    Try a PS Audio Statement cord.....look on Audiogon for a used one.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• organ
    edited November 2003
    Derick,
    That sounds great. Looks like you're really enjoying the sound from different cords. How much break-in time did the XLO get?

cmy,
    Don't worry about the battle thing. We all have our own preference, that's why audio talk is so interesting.

Here's a question for you...Out of these speakers, which one is the most dynamic? RB-25, RB-35, or the RF-15. So far I'm guessing the RF-15 is the best but just wondering how their bookshelfs sound compared to the towers. I'm assuming you've heard all of them because you sell Klipsch.

Maurice
  • dcarlson
    edited November 2003
    The XLO is a used trade in. Burned-in. Just not a match I guess.

F1, I'll keep PS audio in mind. For now I'm going to try what they have at my local shop. Once I've found something I like and I'm happy, then, I'll try some blind buys. ;) Next up will be Shunyata Research, I think.

• F1nut
    edited November 2003
    I think you'll like the Shunyata, never heard a bad word about'em.

President of Club Polk

• jdavy
    jdavy Posts: 380
    edited November 2003
    I have the 800i's and they are fine. They are 8ohm speakers like most mass market speakers. The RT line just sounds better than most if not all of the mass market stuff. Now the LSi line if more for audio files. They are 4ohm and are more like the SRS's in build quality. In short if the LSi line was out when I was building my system, I would have them instead of the RT's. Hope this helps.